thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I've cut out my social life for an exchange in order to be successful...

And let me tell you, no one now likes me or wants to acknowledge my accomplishments.

Something no one tells you that if you want to go out and make a name for yourself or simply do the things you want, that people will abandon you because they themselves feel entitled to the same success but refuse to put the work in.

I rarely go out and socialize, but rather focus on being better and finding new ways to gain ground / improve.

My friend circle has literally shrunk to almost nothing now.

coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000) coffeemaster is just really nice. (+1000)
    if you are beneath people they will look down on you (they prefer it that way though) but if you are above them they will hate you

you will have competitors no matter what who will be against you, so why not just focus on winning?

TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you see, the most successful people usually expand their social lives to get more successful, you've just failed to network up

Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Mr Beer has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by thadderbox View Post
    I've cut out my social life for an exchange in order to be successful...
    And let me tell you, no one now likes me or wants to acknowledge my accomplishments.
    Long term, removing social life for material success is a poor exchange. Friendships are more important than money. However, short to medium term bursts of all-consuming work can be worth it, assuming you are doing something useful with a clearly defined goal, such as levelling up your qualifications, or getting into your first property.

Obviously if you are cutting dead-wood out of your life, that's worth doing as well, but you need to replacing those people with the types you want to associate with.

Lastly, yeah duh, no-one else gives a chit about your successes. Don't do it for other people, do it for your own satisfaction.
    I will read and review 100 books this year: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176675491

“Many religions now come before us with ingratiating smirks and outspread hands, like an unctuous merchant in a bazaar. They offer consolation and solidarity and uplift, competing as they do in a marketplace. But we have a right to remember how barbarically they behaved when they were strong and were making an offer that people could not refuse.”

thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thadderbox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TurbanMon View Post
    you see, the most successful people usually expand their social lives to get more successful, you've just failed to network up
    I've networked up with the right kind of people, but as for my own peers, I feel like they try to snake you, like find your weakness or even something and then run with it.

I don't associate with people in my line of work because I feel they'll try to undercut me or even use it against me.

Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kiop has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dont get super confident
    then in ppl around you
    looks like you are introfart

Registered User LawrenceValenti's Avatar
    LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000) LawrenceValenti is just really nice. (+1000)

Something no one tells you that if you want to go out and make a name for yourself or simply do the things you want, that people will abandon you because they themselves feel entitled to the same success but refuse to put the work in.

I rarely go out and socialize, but rather focus on being better and finding new ways to gain ground / improve.

My friend circle has literally shrunk to almost nothing now.
    As long as you stick with actually doing something with all yours free time you will go far in life

Most people who have nothing will distract themselves with pleasure (drugs, food, television)

irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irmocool has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's lonely at the top brah. That being said if you are 18-35 you are building your empire. Do whatever it takes, those friends will not be there in 5 + years . Who cares you are building something for yourself and ultimately your offspring. Friendships are overated , kind of like you stated they all want to see you fail and only truly want to associate if they can benefit from you.
    It's time

Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Frank Drebin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You cut out your social life in order to be successful and you're surprised and or annoyed that people don't like you anymore?

What did you expect?

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    You cut out your social life in order to be successful and you're surprised and or annoyed that people don't like you anymore?

What did you expect?
    People only want you around to get something from you.

Once you break free from the others, they move onto the other person to leach off of them.

When you start doing what you want, for your own reasons, without anyone's resources or help and become self made -- people resent you

TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TheCreature55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've networked up with the right kind of people, but as for my own peers, I feel like they try to snake you, like find your weakness or even something and then run with it.

I don't associate with people in my line of work because I feel they'll try to undercut me or even use it against me.
    More than likely you come across as a douche. What are these"great achievements" you've accomplished?

But keep coping by convincing yourself that it's"lonely at the top".

Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Visel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did the same thing in college.

Freshman year I was just barely passing some courses. Then Sophomore year I had a Semester where I failed not just one course.... but all the courses I took that Semester! Literally went full on serious mode and disregarded my friends for like 2-3 semesters, but got really killer grades and a lot of progression. Gone were my days of partying and drinking/smoking (until after I graduated).

Now in the workforce, it seems to be the inverse. People who don't pursue certifications / education get kinda disregarded by leadership, and people on the team get judgemental about them. And the ones that get quick certifications make others envious. A healthy balance of like 1-2 certifications a year keeps external folks primarily neutral towards you.

RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50) RkSwift will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Visel View Post
    I did the same thing in college.

Freshman year I was just barely passing some courses. Then Sophomore year I had a Semester where I failed not just one course.... but all the courses I took that Semester! Literally went full on serious mode and disregarded my friends for like 2-3 semesters, but got really killer grades and a lot of progression. Gone were my days of partying and drinking/smoking (until after I graduated).

Now in the workforce, it seems to be the inverse. People who don't pursue certifications / education get kinda disregarded by leadership, and people on the team get judgemental about them. And the ones that get quick certifications make others envious. A healthy balance of like 1-2 certifications a year keeps external folks primarily neutral towards you.
    Im about to go back to school in a month and your story sounds exactly like mine. I was drinking and smoking hundreds of dollars a week and failed all my classes 2nd semester of sophomore year. Now I'm going back and have told all my friends that I won't have time for them and need to focus on myself and my career. I know its going to be lonely but im determined.
    "Purge the weakness of the mind through pain of the flesh"