Thread: Deadlift form

rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50) rpedrosb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Deadlift form

Hello all,

As the title says, I would like you to check my deadlift form. I started Boring but Big this week and did Deadlifts for the first time in 1.5 years.

Weight in the video is quite light, 70kg (152lbs), using 20kg (45lbs) plates (the biggest in my gym).

Youtube link:

https://youtu.be/F0TIzL7G6wY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0TI...ature=youtu.be

Main points:

- My lower back suffered way more than my glutes/legs and is much more sore after the workout than anything else. I want to find out if this is because it is a weak point in the movement or it is a form issue.

- The leg extension/hip hinge does not look like a "whole" movement, rather than two separate movements. How can I make it smoother?

- For some reps, the hip hinge at the end of the movement seems to be overly exaggerated. Do you agree?

Overall, feel free to give me any comment you find useful.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rpedrosb; 11-17-2019 at 11:02 AM.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by rpedrosb View Post
    My lower back suffered way more than my glutes/legs and is much more sore after the workout than anything else. I want to find out if this is because it is a weak point in the movement or it is a form issue.
    Overall form looks pretty good to me. It's normal to feel it the most in the lower back, especially when you're focusing on keeping your back straight. You'd probably have more to critique if you were lifting a heavier % of your 1RM.

Originally Posted by rpedrosb View Post
    For some reps, the hip hinge at the end of the movement seems to be overly exaggerated. Do you agree?
    I don't think you need to throw your shoulders back at the top of the movement quite as much. I think this is an upper-body thing unrelated to hips.

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yeah, no need for the exaggerated lean back at the top. I think the way up looks good. The way down does not. On the way up, you are keeping the hips back and thrusting them forward as the bar raises past the knees. On the way down you are not doing this, you are bending your knees too soon and having to move the bar around them. Focus on hips back first, and then bend your knees as the bar drops past them.

I think your lower back should have more muscle soreness than everything else--those muscles are working the hardest when deadlifting.