trappy11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder blades feel different from one another

Hey first time poster here just wanted to ask a question for some recommendations amd advice. I just recently started working out again after about a 10 year break (I'm 30 now) and I've noticed that my right shoulder blade feels different than my left almost all the time. When I do bench press I noticed that my right arm moves differently than my left arm and naturally tries to stick out more and its difficult for me to fix my posture unless I'm moving light weight. I also notice when doing shrugs, my traps look different from one another. Where I am right now I'm unable to go to someone like a physical therapist or a chiropractor and just wanted some recommendations on what I can do for the time being as I'm trying to gain some size before seeing the wife again.

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by trappy11 View Post
    Hey first time poster here just wanted to ask a question for some recommendations amd advice. I just recently started working out again after about a 10 year break (I'm 30 now) and I've noticed that my right shoulder blade feels different than my left almost all the time. When I do bench press I noticed that my right arm moves differently than my left arm and naturally tries to stick out more and its difficult for me to fix my posture unless I'm moving light weight. I also notice when doing shrugs, my traps look different from one another. Where I am right now I'm unable to go to someone like a physical therapist or a chiropractor and just wanted some recommendations on what I can do for the time being as I'm trying to gain some size before seeing the wife again.
    You answered your own question kinda. You’re one side is stronger than the other naturally.

Do more dumbbell exercises and start with/move lighter weights to fix the imbalances.

My left bicep is considerably smaller than right bicep...and I can curl a lot more with my right than my left. But I use curl first with my left and stop the right at the same reps as the left even though there is more left in the tank for the right.

Slowly it’s catching up.

I had the same issue with left back exercises - and that was to do with mind muscle connection I think. I did dumbbell rows for a while and that helped.
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**