Thread: symmetry

Rebecca2853 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

symmetry

Hey i wanted to ask if uneven shoulders and winged scapulas (not that bad) is something that can be corrected through basic exercise? And do you know any exercises that will help this issue OR do you think should i go see a physotherapist? Its a struggle ive had for a while. I dont know what has made them look uneven. My right shoulder is lower than left and besides looking uneven they also work unevenly. My right tends to dominate in different compund movements as well. Like during pullups and facepulls my right side pulls more -prob cause of a weak left side. Overall my shoulders are unbalanced i figured and i really wanna correct it. Any advice?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uneven shoulders is not that uncommon, usually due to having a dominant arm esp if you often carry something heavy w/ it (schoolbag, laptop bag, etc) or do something physical regularly w/ that side for work or sports. Those types of imbalances, incl. one arm taking over certain exercises, will often get corrected or be lessened as you work out and gain overall muscle.

If you want to help the process along, start working them independently or using separate dbs/cables rather than bars and machines that use both arms connected.

For ex - instead of reg pullups, you can do them one-armed on a pullup assist station or do one arm pulldowns at the lat pulldown station w/ a handle attachment instead of the usual wide bar.

Per your other post though, you should prob just work on overall muscle development for now and see how much it corrects the shoulders as you build muscle. Then down the road you can start to focus on specific imbalances based on what you feel is necessary.

Rebecca2853 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Uneven shoulders is not that uncommon, usually due to having a dominant arm esp if you often carry something heavy w/ it (schoolbag, laptop bag, etc) or do something physical regularly w/ that side for work or sports. Those types of imbalances, incl. one arm taking over certain exercises, will often get corrected or be lessened as you work out and gain overall muscle.

If you want to help the process along, start working them independently or using separate dbs/cables rather than bars and machines that use both arms connected.

For ex - instead of reg pullups, you can do them one-armed on a pullup assist station or do one arm pulldowns at the lat pulldown station w/ a handle attachment instead of the usual wide bar.

Per your other post though, you should prob just work on overall muscle development for now and see how much it corrects the shoulders as you build muscle. Then down the road you can start to focus on specific imbalances based on what you feel is necessary.
    Ah okay ill see how it goes then. They have been like that for a very long time and it has not gotten any better with my years of training