LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Women's Olympic Barbell Recommendation

So my wife finally broke down to my nagging and start lifting! I got her started on All Pros and she has started with my Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells for now. But she needs to progress to the barbell if she needs to go heavy. My 45 lb Men's barbell is too much for her. What recommendation do you guys have for a Women's barbell? She'll only be doing power lifting moves, no Olympic moves. I wonder why they don't make a power bar @ 35 lbs.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-2...SABEgI6D_D_BwE

Unfortunately, I don't think any of Rogue's 25mm bars have center knurl.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would just have her using a standard exercise barbell until she gets strong enough for the 45 pound bar.
    They can be anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds depending on length.
    It would save you money and you can use it for other exercises when she gets stronger.

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    So my wife finally broke down to my nagging and start lifting! I got her started on All Pros and she has started with my Ironmaster adjustable dumbbells for now. But she needs to progress to the barbell if she needs to go heavy. My 45 lb Men's barbell is too much for her. What recommendation do you guys have for a Women's barbell? She'll only be doing power lifting moves, no Olympic moves. I wonder why they don't make a power bar @ 35 lbs.
    I bought 2 bars on Amazon. One is a straight bar and one is an EZ bar. They're 20lbs and 22lbs respectively. Both are 5ft long. Then I bought huge pink 10 and 15lb plates for the EZ bar (which I use for DLs, rows and BPs) and I have a bunch of 5lb plates for the straight bar (which I use for curls and rows). They both use 2" plates.

Last edited by NerdyLady; 11-16-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Added pics
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I would just have her using a standard exercise barbell until she gets strong enough for the 45 pound bar.
    They can be anywhere from 10 to 20 pounds depending on length.
    It would save you money and you can use it for other exercises when she gets stronger.
    This

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just get a modest one, the cheapest you can find that has an actual psi rating. Not like she needs something fancy like a Rouge if she can't do a bare mens bar. It will be handy to have around if she doesn't need it long anyway.

Or if you get something like this, you can use it for rows/curls etc yourself https://www.amazon.com/CAP-Barbell-B...3938265&sr=8-6

LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys and ladies! I thought along the same lines, buy a cheap lighter bar to tide over till she gets strong. Do women with small hands have trouble with 29 mm men's barbell? Any 25mm barbell users?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Look for weightlifting bars if you really want a womens one that's quality. They make 15kg slightly thinner bars.

Don't see it as necessary though, use dumbells on lifts that she can't use a full barbell until she can, will be very little time at all before she's repping much more than 45lbs

Edit - https://www.eleiko.com/en/p/eleiko-i...n/13#gs.h1bv6a

Absolute best available. But unless you have a good amount of disposable income I wouldn't. If you do.. Go for it

https://www.eleiko.com/en/p/eleiko-x...1646#gs.h1f7d1
    Option with power rings
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I presume that if your wife intends doing powerlifting style training, she will need a rackable bar.

The 6ft York International bar comes to mind, I have one and I think it weighs around 35lbs.

Another option may be an Olympic technique bar, aluminium and weighs under 20lbs. I've seen one of these bars loaded with over 100lbs with no ill effect.

aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aloosecannon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks guys and ladies! I thought along the same lines, buy a cheap lighter bar to tide over till she gets strong. Do women with small hands have trouble with 29 mm men's barbell? Any 25mm barbell users?
    Some do have trouble with 29mm. It will make a difference on pulling movements (deadlifts, rows) but shouldn't be much of an issue for squats and presses.

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I like the Rogue Bella bar, it's a smaller diameter , rackable, and a friend deadlifted 400lbs on his wife's Bella with no damage so it ought to hold up well as her strength increases.
    Sig line can't be a novel

magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000) magicmatt is just really nice. (+1000)
    My wife has the Titan Atlas women’s bar. She loves it. Spin is incredible. Barely any knurling (what she wanted). I wanted her to get the Bella bar but this is what she wanted. It was like $150 shipped