Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Growing up poor is a phucking blessing, srs. Saving just comes easily to you, because you never expect anything else.

BRB new electronics, what new electronics, the ones we have aren't broken yet.
    BRB a fast food combo meal is a nice dinner out.
    BRB cable, LMAO, what cable.
    BRB $40 for the family to go to a movie theater, wait a few months and we can see the same show for $8 in the dollar theater.

These are all habits I still have to this day. I don't have Netflix, my phone is a $50 Galaxy S4 I bought on Ebay, and a $9 Whataburger combo meal still feels like a nice night out. And I'm going to keep it this way for as long as possible too. Buying new chit is just going to start the hedonic treadmill running, and I won't be any happier at the end of it. Feelsgoodman to be happy with cheap chit.

Originally Posted by MyBaddBrah View Post
    You're number one goal should be trying to generate more net income so you can save at least $50k a year. All the other penny pinching just to save $10k a year is insanity.

Go big or go home, son.
    So driving a Lyft is going big, huh? Gonna retire on your $10 taxi rides to the airport? Just LMAO at this clown.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

"Experience is something you get right after you need it."

ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ThisIsMyAlias is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Combo meal? Okay Monty Brewster

I'll take a water cup with my value menu burgers.

MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) MetroBrah has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    water cup crew checkin in
    Martin Shkreli crew

FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FAPhaggot has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ThisIsMyAlias View Post
    Combo meal? Okay Monty Brewster

I'll take a water cup with my value menu burgers.
    Water cups are for sit down restaurants, ayyyy.
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The correct order in life is to live hard and enjoy your youth whilst not derailing yourself completely.

As you approach 40, be in a good position to ride your peak earning years until you die of a stroke or retire. Naturally older people have families, mortgages and job security issues due to the significantly less high paying roles (organization structures are pyramids).

I LOL at anyone who as lived frugally throughout their entire lives. Their kids also hate their cheap arses and they only hang out with such people to ensure they get their inheritances.

Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    The correct order in life is to live hard and enjoy your youth whilst not derailing yourself completely.

As you approach 40, be in a good position to ride your peak earning years until you die of a stroke or retire. Naturally older people have families, mortgages and job security issues due to the significantly less high paying roles (organization structures are pyramids).

I LOL at anyone who as lived frugally throughout their entire lives. Their kids also hate their cheap arses and they only hang out with such people to ensure they get their inheritances.
    Imagine not knowing that buying things won't make you happy....
    FA Crew
    Always Pick 1 Crew

Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bcl2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always been good with money. One thing I need to get better at is negotiating for more pay professionally. It's a big weakness. I was taught to keep my head down and work hard and eventually I'll get raises which is complete bullchit. Need to focus on promoting myself a lot more, which is a part of financial health.

StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StinnerOzz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I was Scrooge McDuck-like in my early 20s. The earlier the better, but don't live in a cardboard box to save on living costs, ya know?
    Lifting. Hockey. Headbanging.

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175144571

aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FAPhaggot View Post
    Imagine not knowing that buying things won't make you happy....
    Most people are cheap, so have no friends.

Successful people understand money and power and will do whatever it takes to ensure they are popular and surrounded by other soulless people.

ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ashin1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just ask yourself if you will be still be just as happy with the purchase you make 5 years later.

Return on happiness is something many of us overlook.

Should you buy a flashy sports car because you can afford it?

Sure maybe for the first few months, but in 3 years will it provide the same joy in comparison to when you First bought it, after you realize how much efforts and additional cost it goes towards
    Maintaining it.

If you are truly passionate about your vehicle, then it’s a different story.

Being able to afford something isn’t a justifiable reason on its own. Imo if you are gonna be spending your money on things that do not contribute to the growth of your wealth, it better make you very happy and not just now, but for the long term.

I think as a society we under value the Return on happiness over the monetary Return on investment.

End of the day can’t take money to the grave with you.
    ***Strong 2nd Reply Crew***

katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) katya422 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Legz422 View Post
    Think twice before you buy something. Do I really need this? If you really do, look for sales. I have a chit ton of stuff I need but I'm holding off and waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Resist buying things you don't really need.
    Straight. Sometimes you really do need to buy something right now. Or maybe you need something temporarily so it can be borrowed, rented, or cheap/lower quality. I do make some impulse purchases, but usually I have a kind of running list in my head of things that I am watching out for and will pick up if I find a good buy.

Originally Posted by MyBaddBrah View Post
    On a side note, if you're only able to save $10-20k a year, don't even phucking bother. Just consider it as you're not making money anyway. Saving $40 on your phone a month is asinine.

You're number one goal should be trying to generate more net income so you can save at least $50k a year. All the other penny pinching just to save $10k a year is insanity.

Give the man a fishing hook, and he spends his entire life trying to catch a fish here and there.

Give a man a net, and he's actually able to get somewhere.

Go big or go home, son.
    Takes money to make money has some merit. People that don't have money have to start someplace.

Originally Posted by ashin1 View Post
    Just ask yourself if you will be still be just as happy with the purchase you make 5 years later.

Return on happiness is something many of us overlook.

Should you buy a flashy sports car because you can afford it?

Sure maybe for the first few months, but in 3 years will it provide the same joy in comparison to when you First bought it, after you realize how much efforts and additional cost it goes towards
    Maintaining it.

If you are truly passionate about your vehicle, then it’s a different story.

Being able to afford something isn’t a justifiable reason on its own. Imo if you are gonna be spending your money on things that do not contribute to the growth of your wealth, it better make you very happy and not just now, but for the long term.

I think as a society we under value the Return on happiness over the monetary Return on investment.

End of the day can’t take money to the grave with you.
    And money isn't everything. Kept my expensive gym membership that I couldn't afford because it helped me stay sane. Think I may have to drop it now though because it has gone up way too much- increased by $45 a month in about 5 months time.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GravityLee has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There were three huge revelations for me.

#1 If you took all the money ive blown being a consumer (expenses not vital to health) it would probably come out to half a mil. Thats a decent small business or if invested well at 10% return would be 50k a year.

#2 A huge portion of my happiness comes from helping people close to me. When you look at every dollar as “well, thats a dollar I wont have to spend on ( ) it really puts a new perspective on.

#3 It definitely helps but you dont need to spend money to experience life. The most common activities i do with friends are gym, walking the beach or walking downtown. Youll meet a lot of people that only do these: go to a movie, eat out, go out drinking. People that only do these i eventually lose their number

bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bsrkoacar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah used to seek a lot of instant gratification and spent my money on bad things... got a job that pays well and can still spend some money but also learned how to save the last couple years.

I watch some other people who never learn though. Especially oil field guys. They buy a trailer house and 100k dollar trucks, priorities...then the price of oil tanks and they get laid off and lose their chit. I've watched people do this over and over. Apparently some people never learn
    225 bodyweight @ 6'3"

290 bench
    455 squat
    570 deadlift
    200 OHP

stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000) stardewvalley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GravityLee View Post
    There were three huge revelations for me.

#1 If you took all the money ive blown being a consumer (expenses not vital to health) it would probably come out to half a mil. Thats a decent small business or if invested well at 10% return would be 50k a year.

#2 A huge portion of my happiness comes from helping people close to me. When you look at every dollar as “well, thats a dollar I wont have to spend on ( ) it really puts a new perspective on.

#3 It definitely helps but you dont need to spend money to experience life. The most common activities i do with friends are gym, walking the beach or walking downtown. Youll meet a lot of people that only do these: go to a movie, eat out, go out drinking. People that only do these i eventually lose their number
    lol