Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dman1626 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Cut->maintenance->cut

So in a summary, I cut a lot of weight, like a LOT, and it got to the point where I was having some unhealthy mental behavior about the whole subject. Obsessing constantly, struggling with plateaus in weight loss, anxiety, and an extremely unhealthy relationship with food. I realized the problem, and decided that the best thing to do was take a ‘break’. I don’t mean just cutting loose, but I decided to determine my maintenance calories, and stay there for a while, to show myself that it wouldn’t bring back all 130 lbs.

(Just FYI- stats are 6’ 215lbs)

So for the last 2-3 months I have been taking in about 3200 calories, maintaining my 6 day PPL routine, and I actually haven’t had any weight gain in that time. I’ve noticed that my body seems a little ‘softer’ but my strength is up some too.

So the question is, now that I’ve dealt with my issue, I’d like to make a push back towards my overall goal of cutting weight. I didn’t have much further to go, but I had to fix my mental status first. So I’m trying to determine how I should reduce calories.

At the lowest I believe I was cutting at 1800 calories, which for me, was not sustainable. With me not really gaining much weight, if any, while eating at 3200 cals, what should I be cutting at following this maintenance period? I’ve read some about metabolic adaptations and how calorie restriction can slow your ability to lose fat, so I was curious if my cutting numbers would possibly be different now. I’d like to make this as short a cutting phase as possible, because I know I am at risk for developing those bad habits again. In my mind, my ideal weight is 200lbs, not sure if that helps at all.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    alright ignore all that stuff in your last paragraph because bodybuilding aint rocket science just a lil math is all.

every day weigh yourself around the same time if you can and do this for a week. hopefully you have an electronic scale so you can get the exact weight with a decimal or two because idk how accurate a scale where you look and see is. then after this week take the mean weight and that's your weekly average. then do it another week so you can see what the difference is. if it isn't changing (like you said you think youre at maintence) then either add or drop your daily calories by +/-100 depending on your goals. then after a week at that weight you can see the difference versus last week to see if you making sufficient progress. I try to increase or decrease by .375pds per week depending on goals and if I don't hit that mark then I change the calories again by 50 until I start to hit that mark. then I grind it out for a few weeks at that range and add some more.

it might be fast weight gain but ill just cut the weight later idc
    Donald Trump Jr. and Tucker Carlson 2024

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dman1626 View Post
    At the lowest I believe I was cutting at 1800 calories, which for me, was not sustainable. With me not really gaining much weight, if any, while eating at 3200 cals, what should I be cutting at following this maintenance period? I’ve read some about metabolic adaptations and how calorie restriction can slow your ability to lose fat, so I was curious if my cutting numbers would possibly be different now. I’d like to make this as short a cutting phase as possible, because I know I am at risk for developing those bad habits again. In my mind, my ideal weight is 200lbs, not sure if that helps at all.
    Thats not really how it works, if you're in a calorie deficit you will continue to lose weight until you wither away and die. Did people in WWII concentration camps magically stop losing fat after a while? Nope, they turned to skin and bones... What you're speaking of is the effect of the body to naturally reduce its energy expenditure due to the physiological effects of calorie restriction (you body will make an attempt to move less to conserve energy when food is not available).

A moderate caloric deficit is much more sustainable than a large one, so if you know your maintenance is about 3200 calories then you can subtract say 500-700 calories from that as a good starting point to continue your cut. I would start right about about 2500 if I were you and gauge your progress over a few weeks and adjust as required.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    A moderate caloric deficit is much more sustainable than a large one, so if you know your maintenance is about 3200 calories then you can subtract say 500-700 calories from that as a good starting point to continue your cut. I would start right about about 2500 if I were you and gauge your progress over a few weeks and adjust as required.
    End of thread. Of course you went bananas on a 1400cal/day deficit OP. You are lean now and don't have much to go so keep the rate of loss at 0.5-1 lb a week whilst eating a balanced diet and you should feel better doing it.

Also ensure you are counting/tracking correctly as 3200cal maintenance seems a little on the high side to me given the amount of muscle mass you have, albeit totally possible if you are highly active and or blessed with a fast metabolism.