revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) revenueempire has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Doesnt make sense to me

To put on muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus right? No exceptions?

But if you're in a surplus, you'll put on fat.

So how is it you have these people who have huge muscles and like no fat whatsoever? They would of had to been in a surplus to get that huge right? So why aren't they fat?

sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sunsean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by revenueempire View Post
    To put on muscle you need to be in a calorie surplus right? No exceptions?

But if you're in a surplus, you'll put on fat.

So how is it you have these people who have huge muscles and like no fat whatsoever? They would of had to been in a surplus to get that huge right? So why aren't they fat?
    Not sure if srs. You're only addressing one part of the equation...gaining muscle and fat. What about taking off fat?

Bulk - gain muscle and fat
    Cut - lose fat, keep muscle (as much as possible)

Rinse and repeat this a few times and there you go.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by revenueempire View Post
    They would of had to been in a surplus to get that huge right? So why aren't they fat?
    Yes, many many surpluses over many years, with many cutting phases over those years as well. After 5-10 years you'll have built a large amount of muscle mass and a low amount of bodyfat.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No you don't have to be a surplus. Just close to or above maintenance

People do phases of dieting hard while maintaining. That's how they lose the fat. Phases.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    simple answer: they cut the fat off
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

newbutserious is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Because I'm only just starting out this year I've gained strength every time I've been at a deficit. Throughout this year I've had times where I've been at a surplus and times that I haven't, but particularly at the beginning my scale weight was definitely not representing my 500 / cal deficit because my gains were (for a period of a few months) really rapid. My understanding is that a pretty large percentage of people can get steadily stronger while maintaining a modest deficit. I'm 43 and I'm now 11 months in and still getting slowly stronger while dropping weight. I bet I don't have much longer where I'll get away with that, but it's a thing until you start getting pretty big.

You might be stronger or further along in which case bulk / cut is how you address your concern (or do it right out of the gate). During the cut part of bulk / cut you typically lose a lot more body fat than muscle and that's how it works out.