tanman520 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulking with Hypertrophy Calisthenics

Hello all, Im new to this sight but definitely not new to working out and need help. Im about 140Ibs and am starting a bulk, Im at about 8-10% bodyfat and I need help with my routine. I do weighted calisthenics and cardio mixed in with some classic weights and am wondering, should I continue this or go more towards weight lifting? Im going to be off to boot camp within a month of this process of lean bulking and theres no weights in bmt. Thank you and much appreciation for those looking to give some advice

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should use the best tool for the job.

If hypertrophy is your goal then cardio contributes nothing to that and many calisthenics movements are less effective than free weights - or at least it's more awkward or less efficient trying to apply a progressive overload to a specific bodypart.

In my view, the only bodyweight exercise that is best for a particular bodypart is pullups - even then I add always add extra weight now.

At your bodyweight, it's likely that you would benefit from a novice routine even though you may not consider yourself a novice - if you haven't been routinely using the major free weight movements like squat, row, bench press etc. then that's another reason to opt for a novice routine. Just run it for as long as you can keep making progress - look at Fierce 5 in the sticky threads at the top of the Workout Programs forum for example.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No,focus on what you'll have to do in boot camp .
    You are going to lose weight at boot camp and trying to bulk now is really not sensible.
    Focus on getting good at boot camp activities so it's not as hard.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tanman520 View Post
    Hello all, Im new to this sight but definitely not new to working out and need help. Im about 140Ibs and am starting a bulk, Im at about 8-10% bodyfat and I need help with my routine. I do weighted calisthenics and cardio mixed in with some classic weights and am wondering, should I continue this or go more towards weight lifting? Im going to be off to boot camp within a month of this process of lean bulking and theres no weights in bmt. Thank you and much appreciation for those looking to give some advice
    If you are going off to bootcamp, you need to prep for bootcamp ( ie running, pushups, pullups,situps, flutterkicks. etc etc_ and not be worried about doing something stupid like bulking with only calisthetics.