njneh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Noob question on PPL

Hey guys I'm a relative noob been working out for 2 months doing splits of shoulder/bi/tri, chest/back, and legs each once per week. Have had good beginner results but looking to get more mass. Considering PPL and started last week 4 days/week. My question is with Push --chest/shoulders/tri I feel like I can't get the same good workout with number of exercises I was doing when I was doing my original splits. Likely due to activating same muscle groups but then am I getting a “less of a workout”?

Thanks in advance.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More mass comes eating in a surplus. Not from doing pro level bodybuilding splits or PPL splits.

Fair enough. I’m trying to eat more but since I get fairly exhausted with the push day of chest shoulders and tri am I getting less of a workout than if I just did chest and back one day and got more chest exercises in?

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Either approach is going to be sub optimal but id probably lean towards a PPL split where the push day looks something like bench,ohp,fly,pressdown. That way you don't destroy your shoulders.

vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250) vadimmoda has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    listen to your body. If you cant give it 100% then something needs to be tweaked in training program
    27 || Russian || Internet Marketer
    I collect rare watches and sneakers.
    Sometimes I lift.

IG: Vadimmoda
    Snap: Vadimmmo

Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    Either approach is going to be sub optimal
    Why is it suboptimal if you don't mind me asking? Just trying to learn as a beginner. Thanks for your help.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're likely doing too much volume in your PPL for your 2 months of lifting experience and may not be doing exercises in a logical order, but hard to tell without seeing your routine or compare w/ your old routine w/out seeing your old routine.

Your old routine of hitting muscles 1x/week esp as a beginner is not ideal. And a 4-day PPL is also not ideal, as the idea is to hit your muscles 2x/week.

As a beginner more is not necessarily better, it can actually be counterproductive - prob why you're exhausted. Again, just guessing since we're talking in general terms here. You shouldn't make your choice only between your old split and your new PPL routine - there are other options out there prob better suited for your level.