asmgx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Supraspinatus tendon tear Exercises

I am 44 yo

Due to heave lifting I got Supraspinatus tendon tear in my right shoulder.

I stopped training for around 8 months and started to get in bad shape which i dont want.

I wonder if there is a training program that I can build my other muscles such as biceps, triceps, arms, chest, lats, traps without the use of the shoulder muscle?

If there is such thing i would appreciate if you can tell me what are these exercises are.

Thanks

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    No. You can do legs. Literally anything upper body(unless you count abs I guess) is gonna involve your shoulder. Curls can even aggravate it. You need to fix the issue so you can use your shoulder pain free.

Now how to do that, I wish I knew. I've been dealing with an injured RC for years now. I'm going to have to, again, quit lifting because my shoulder just can't take it. I need to see a pt but can't afford it. Facepulls and band pullaparts and such helped for a while but it's getting worse again. I just noticed I'm resting my arm on my hip to take the weight off my shoulder

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by asmgx View Post
    I am 44 yo

Due to heave lifting I got Supraspinatus tendon tear in my right shoulder.

I stopped training for around 8 months and started to get in bad shape which i dont want.

I wonder if there is a training program that I can build my other muscles such as biceps, triceps, arms, chest, lats, traps without the use of the shoulder muscle?

If there is such thing i would appreciate if you can tell me what are these exercises are.

Thanks
    The important thing is why this tear even happened. If you were benching a lot lowering the bar too low u could developed tightness in posterior capsule in your shoulder. You can try out sleeper stretch to relieve the tightness and rid of the pain, it worked for me. And also strenghten your subscapularis, many physio diagnosed me in a wrong way and told me to stretch it out and strenghten external rotators but it gave me nothing.