TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)

Another thread about Soy protein and estrogen and digestability...

I am not a vegetarian and eat loads of chicken and beef. I am not using soy protein powder or anything (I use whey power and also a pea powder maybe once every couple weeks when I run out of chicken)

I have recently bought quite a few foods from grocery stores that contain soy protein.

E.g. santafe brand whole wheat tortillas (8g protein / 100 calories / 8g fiber)

Veggie breakfast patties and meatless breakfast sausage

Out of my 170g protein a day I probably get about 25g protien from soy from those foods.

Is that a big issue? What do recent studies day? I did a search and found so much ya and naysayers from 2005-2012 My head is still spinning lol

Throw all that chit out?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    I am not a vegetarian and eat loads of chicken and beef. I am not using soy protein powder or anything (I use whey power and also a pea powder maybe once every couple weeks when I run out of chicken)

I have recently bought quite a few foods from grocery stores that contain soy protein.

E.g. santafe brand whole wheat tortillas (8g protein / 100 calories / 8g fiber)

Veggie breakfast patties and meatless breakfast sausage

Out of my 170g protein a day I probably get about 25g protien from soy from those foods.

Is that a big issue? What do recent studies day? I did a search and found so much ya and naysayers from 2005-2012 My head is still spinning lol

Throw all that chit out?
    zero issue unless you're allergic or intolerant to soy
    The power of carbs compels me!

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    zero issue unless you're allergic or intolerant to soy
    I see.

What about estrogen? Dudes should not have high estrogen right? I’m anyways skinny fat And have moobs since childhood I think...sigh...don’t want to make it worse

I almost threw all that stuff out my fridge/freezer. lol
    I think most “meatless” vegan products have soy. Like EVERYTHING “meatless” in my freezer is soy based protein

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I see.

What about estrogen? Dudes should not have high estrogen right? I’m anyways skinny fat And have moobs since childhood I think...sigh...don’t want to make it worse

I think most “meatless” vegan products have soy. Like EVERYTHING “meatless” in my freezer is soy based protein
    I doubt you could realistically eat enough soy products to have any impact on estrogen; that is way over blown.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I see.

Soy will not raise your estrogen
    The power of carbs compels me!

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you’re consuming 25 grams of soy protein per day and getting the results you want, then of course keep doing it. If at some point you start to suspect something’s up, then just remove it from your diet for a few weeks and see what happens. I’ll be interested to hear how it works for you either way.

Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    If you’re consuming 25 grams of soy protein per day and getting the results you want, then of course keep doing it. If at some point you start to suspect something’s up, then just remove it from your diet for a few weeks and see what happens. I’ll be interested to hear how it works for you either way.
    I’m a newbie what do I know...lol srs

I am still learning what my body does and how it responds.

I was on vacation for a week and went fullbloat. Gained like 4lbs in 7 days. My girl saw me when I got back said I look full and good.

Not sure if that was cuz of no soy or cuz of full glycogen or increased fat / muscle. Maybe all three.

I’ll try and give soy a break for a week once my supplies run out. We shall see. I’ll update y’all

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I was on vacation for a week and went fullbloat. Gained like 4lbs in 7 days. My girl saw me when I got back said I look full and good.
    You gained a bit of water weight/glycogen.

Not sure if that was cuz of no soy or cuz of full glycogen or increased fat / muscle. Maybe all three.
    It's cause you ate more food on your vacation.

I’ll try and give soy a break for a week once my supplies run out. We shall see. I’ll update y’all
    You may just be overthinking things a little bit. Just a little. Eat the soy if you like it ffs.

Originally Posted by Jcart159 View Post
    You gained a bit of water weight/glycogen.

It's cause you ate more food on your vacation.

You may just be overthinking things a little bit. Just a little. Eat the soy if you like it ffs.
    Gotcha...I’ll give soy a break when I run out of my current groceries to see what it does.

Vacation weight was put on without any regrets. Gotta life too bro. Ain’t gonna let vacation go to waste trying to watch calories and chit. Heck no. Will put on lbs every vacation happily. My fat don’t bother me. I would keep it if it were not for nutrition partitioning mumbo jumbo