Thread: To cut or bulk

IShotBambi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

To cut or bulk

I've been off and on with lifting weights for a few years but just recently began going full tilt with it. I count my calories/protein and workout 5-6 days a week. I'm 28, 6'5 and started at 218lbs. The past couple months my focus was on losing weight and am currently weighing 200lbs. I figured before I bulk, I should lose some weight so I can bulk for as long as possible. The majority of my fat is love handles, lower stomache and chest(skinny fat). Based on other peoples progress, 200lbs at 6ft5 sounds extremely light but I don't look skinny at all. In high school I was same height but 178lbs so I feel like another 10 to 15lb loss is reasonable but the information from others is conflicting.

Should I continue to drop weight or just jump right into bulking and hope the muscle gains fix my body image?

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post a picture in your profile for better advice. Though I think xsquid is your height and has said he stopped cutting in the 190s and bulked from there. You may be fine cutting a bit more.

Updated profile picture. That's 200lbs

Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100) Longbow01 is not very well liked. (-100)
    cut for sure, people who bulk looks like ****. being ripped and smaller looks way more astetic than some gorilla with no neck. sure he could outlift you but he also would scare away the younger chicks too

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, fellow 6'5"-er here. I was you a few years ago and I did cut down to about 190, pretty much the reason I stopped cutting is because once you get that light at our height its hard to find clothes that are built for such tall (and skinny) guys, I started looking like my clothes were so baggy on me and it just wasn't a good look.

Go to wherever you feel comfortable, but at some point you're going to need to switch gears and build. Keep lifting, if you're new to it you should be able to make progress on your lifts even as you drop weight a little further. Once you get down to 185-190 you can switch gears and go into a long slow bulk, probably for about a year or so.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Yeah, fellow 6'5"-er here. I was you a few years ago and I did cut down to about 190, pretty much the reason I stopped cutting is because once you get that light at our height its hard to find clothes that are built for such tall (and skinny) guys, I started looking like my clothes were so baggy on me and it just wasn't a good look.

Go to wherever you feel comfortable, but at some point you're going to need to switch gears and build. Keep lifting, if you're new to it you should be able to make progress on your lifts even as you drop weight a little further. Once you get down to 185-190 you can switch gears and go into a long slow bulk, probably for about a year or so.
    Shirts for tall and skinny are hard to come by. And people wonder why I wear the same brand shirts all the time lol

What weight do you bulk up to? Or is it just personal choice?