G33mac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Nutrition and training when working away

I have recently started a new job in industrial electrics and as the title suggests I work away a lot sometimes, but always within the UK. I'm home for the weekend and potentially off somewhere else again the next week.
    Usually in hotels such as travelodge or somewhere similar so I don't have any facilities to cook or store food keep it cool etc.

I do have a plan I was following and managing to stay pretty regimented with it in my previous job. However, due to the new job I'm unable to remain consistent with it.

The majority of the time the locations of where I work aren't equipped with any type of dining facilities so again I can't cook or even heat food. So I end up having to eat whatever is around, convenience foods or buying pre-made sandwiches etc.

Apart from living off protein shakes and bars when working away I'm at a loss. Not to mention at times the locations are so remote I don't have access to a gym. So for a week sometimes longer my diet and training goes down the drain and I feel like week by week I'm just throwing away any progress I had made.

To frustrate me further, at times I can be local which allows me to get back on the diet and training then when I'm just in the motions again, I end up working away.

I'm wondering has anyone else encountered this and what did you do to overcome it?

1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Really have to just make due with healthy food options with what you available. Even fast food joints can make healthy food choices. Just have to be smart.

Bring portable foods with you - PB, fruits, jerky, granola, etc..

When no gym access think about something you can do in your hotel room. Invest in some resistance bands and you'd be surprised what an effective 30-45min workout can be. Plenty of routines online. Just have to do some research.

Go for a run outside.

Just need to think outside the box and pre-plan.
    Strong mind + Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    The round desk/table, and dining-style chairs in many hotel rooms can be used for free weights - won't be super heavy lifts but they'll get you a bit of a workout.

You can do pushups at various inclines w/ feet elevated and between 2 chairs for fuller ROM. You can floor press the round table.

You can curl/row/tricep press/shrug/press the chairs or table w/ one arm or two at a time. For varying resistance, if you hold the chair legs w/ one arm they feel much heavier as you hold them sideways closer to the bottom of the leg (you'll need strong wrists though).