k9Doge1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question gained 30 lbs in 2 months

Hey all, I'm 18 and did boxing in the summer and got my weight to the lowest of 176, and then in September I started following a PPL program 6 times a week. I also upped my calories because winter in Canada, school, and PPL is pretty high volume, however now I weigh 208lbs

I have been avoiding sweet **** for the most part and I drink close to 3 or 4 protein shakes a day with 1scoop whey protein with water. on lunch I eat mostly protein and some carbs like bread or quinoi because I know I will eat fruits later. Yesterday ate some basic burgers without cheese with yesterday probably amounting to 3k calories or less.

At the beginning my lifts where trash but now they are less trash with the numbers below

Bench: 155 for 5 reps
    DL: 200 for 5 reps
    Squat: 200 for 5 reps

My progress on the bench is kind of ass partly because I do alot of bicep/tricep work on push and pull days especially at the begging of the workout.

I want to achieve a 2 plate bench 3 plate dl and 4 plate squat by the end of this year or maybe January, is it possible to do that or should I cut.

My bf is probably close to 17 or 20, abs are just visible in good lighting.

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Time to start learning the basics of nutrition bud!

If you invest a bit of time and energy into study the stickies, you will be able to set yourself up with a diet that will allow you to achieve your goals whilst allowing you to eat foods you like.

Take a look at the stickies. Someone will probably come post them here shortly. Take the time to put in some effort to really understand, and come back here with any questions. The level of help you get will be indicative of how much effort you put in.

In short:

- determine a caloric level that is inline with your goals (gaining, losing, maintaining)

- consume adequate protein and fat to suffice proper health and muscle building, fill remaining calories with mix of carb/pro/fat that best fits your personal preferences

- eat as many whole food sources as you can to ensure you and getting enough micronutrients, vitamins, minerals and fiber etc.

- continue to lift hard

- progress

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    30 lbs you say? So you maybe added 1-2 lbs of muscle and about 28 lbs of fat and water.

For a natural lifter the body can't generate more than about 8-12 lbs per YEAR of pure muscle, so you need to dial back your calories significantly.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by k9Doge1 View Post
    My progress on the bench is kind of ass partly because I do alot of bicep/tricep work on push and pull days especially at the begging of the workout.
    Don't do isolations before compounds. You've got it in the reverse (wrong) order.

1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000) 1MANU is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So you want to increase your bench and DL by 50% and double your squat by end of the year/January? What is the rush?

Why not decrease your surplus a bit and continue with your program to the new year - maybe until March?

What is your TDEE and current calorie/macro intake?

Are you primarily concerned with strength gains?
    Last edited by 1MANU; 11-13-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    Strong mind + Strong body = UNSTOPPABLE

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You'll need to tighten up a few things sooner rather than later if you don't want to regret this come cutting time.

1) Exercise selection and order
    2) Tracking intake
    3) Reduction of intake

It's obvious you're eating too much for your activity level. Ideally, you'd want to reach a point of the most minimal effort in the gym, with the most minimal intake, with the maximum amount of gains. This is where both tracking intake and progress is super important. You won't know how much food you need and how much volume/load you need correlating to recovery until your knowledge of what you need to do and your tracking starts to be on point.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bobbycoldcuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    fail