kidder111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is my personal trainer professional, or should I leave before I get injured again?

So, I'm roughly 18 years old, 65 kg (145 lbs) and I've recently (around 1.5 months ago) hired a personal trainer to help me advance and get stronger (I'm not new to sports, but I've never done any activity similar to gym exercises)

For the first month or so, He had trained me fairly well (I believe) - paid attention to form and technique, was concentrated on me for the whole session and gave me alternative exercises if one wasn't good for my shoulders (my shoulders aren't the best right now). He pushed me hard and I've eventually started seeing some results.

Then, a month after I started training, we attempted to raise the squat weight up (80 kg) for a set of 13 or so reps. It was hard but I managed to do it (form wasn't perfect - I held my breath to keep my abs tight and neck posture wasn't neutral). Right after I returned the bar to the stand, I felt a sharp headache (exertion headache) at the back of my head. It disturbed me throughout the whole session but I've been told by him to continue. We finished the session, but the headache didn't go away.

A week has passed by, and I still had the headache (I stopped training at that point). We went to get a CT scan and it turns out it was nothing (we speculate it's something to do with the neck muscles radiating to the head).

As of right now (2 weeks after the incident) I still mildly feel the pain and I still can't train full force.

The issue that concerns me is, should I keep training with that PT? Is he in the wrong here or is it an accident that would happen regardless of how well you train and how good your form is? Also bear in mind that my mother is very nervous and urges me to leave him. I would like to hear your opinions, as people who have more experience in the field than I do.

Thank you!

WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WizzyL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most PTs seem to know nothing and all that they care about is your $$$. Most of them are in sup-bar shape anyways. You're the better judge maybe some clips seeing you workout form etc could help provide a better judgment.

NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100) NoWoes is not very well liked. (-100)
    I believe what you experience is “weight lifters headache” cause from lifting heavy it can last a few days but from my knowledge it’s normal. If you’re concerned I would see another doctor.

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by NoWoes View Post
    I believe what you experience is “weight lifters headache” cause from lifting heavy it can last a few days but from my knowledge it’s normal. If you’re concerned I would see another doctor.
    You shouldn't be in pain from lifting. If you are then you are doing it wrong. Try less weight and focus more on form. OP should consider another PT if the guy isn't listening to his complaints that he might have hurt himself.
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt