Registered User nvergonnabehulk's Avatar
    nvergonnabehulk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy 15 year old 105kg

Hey guys, i have a question. Im 15 Years old and my weight is 105kg. I do 4 Exercises a week with dumbbells and i do 50 situps. What can i do about it? I want to lose weight and i want to build up some muscles.

Im thankful for every Help!

Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lots of cardio

MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MADgainz6969 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    oi mate i weigh 52,5 you are quite literally twice me )

nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000) nikola1808 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by nvergonnabehulk View Post
    Hey guys, i have a question. Im 15 Years old and my weight is 105kg. I do 4 Exercises a week with dumbbells and i do 50 situps. What can i do about it? I want to lose weight and i want to build up some muscles.

Ok, I will be frank, you are dangerously overweight, probably obese. Right now you should not care about building muscle. You need to start doing cardio and MOST IMPORTANTLY eat less. Because you will eat less, you also need to make it count, it needs to be healthy and nutritious. Eat till when you aren't hungry, not till you aren't full. No matter how much you exercise if you eat a lot it won't help. You could also tell your parents, they will support you(probably). As for working out, muscle building exercises will not make you lose much fat( a little bit ). As you are 105kg and still growing you should not run, as it might be bad for your joints. Swimming would be the best, but just walking/hiking everyday is going to make a difference. If you don't like that, you could try pokemon go, helped me lose weight a few years ago.
    In summary, till you drop to 90-95kg don't care much about lifting, meanwhile you can continue doing push ups(or knee push ups if u cant), squats and other bodyweight exercises at home. And mainly focus on eating less and what you eat must not be calorie-dense. For example compare a big mac to a bowl of salad. The big mac has 5 times the calories and they possess the same volume.
    I wish you luck!

Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stalder19 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was actually fatter than you at 15, I trained only cardio nearly everyday using the Nike + Run club app. Stop drinking your calories, opt for smaller portions and cleaner food. The weight will fall off at your age.

incf is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nvergonnabehulk View Post

Dietary modification in conjunction with a sustainable (small to start) level of exercise. I can speak from experience having lost 100lbs (45kg) that what a person eats has a big effect on whether of not they can burn fat.

I won't go too deep into the science of it but here is the short version of it: carbohydrates (sugar and starch; found in ice cream, bread, potatos, etc.) raise the level on a hormone called insulin in the blood stream. Elevated insulin levels do two things (1) it causes fat accumulation to occur (2) it prevents fat burning ("fat metabolism").

Ketogenic diets and fasting are the two of the most common ways to lower insulin levels so that one can metabolize fat instead of sugar (glycogen, etc.). There are large communities on Reddit (and other places on the internet - maybe even here?) dedicated to educating people about both methods. Also, there is an organization called Low Carb Down Under that has some literature and videos about weight loss with both methods.

I myself follow a ketogenic diet and it has been instrumental in me losing and maintaining my weight.

Good Luck!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by incf View Post
    Dietary modification in conjunction with a sustainable (small to start) level of exercise. I can speak from experience having lost 100lbs (45kg) that what a person eats has a big effect on whether of not they can burn fat.

I won't go too deep into the science of it but here is the short version of it: carbohydrates (sugar and starch; found in ice cream, bread, potatos, etc.) raise the level on a hormone called insulin in the blood stream. Elevated insulin levels do two things (1) it causes fat accumulation to occur (2) it prevents fat burning ("fat metabolism").
    OP did not mention being insulin resistant. You are offering "medical" advice without any knowledge of whether that medical condition exists.

OP, protein will also raise blood sugar, so this guy's ^^^ advice is one-sided and misleading. SOME people find that a low carb diet helps them eat in a caloric deficit. Little other "advantages". Eat fewer calories than you burn on a consistent basis.