carson6712 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need help re-motivating myself.

My is carson and I’m 17 yrs old and I was wanted to lose weight recently, and I weighted 262 and I lost 33 pounds in 2 and a half month so I’m half way there to my goal 200 but I’m kinda losing my fire to go to the gym and I need some help re-motivating myself.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You lost 33 lbs in 2 1/2 months and that type of progress hasn't enticed you to keep going?

What are you doing in the gym? If its just cardio, there is your mistake (that would kill anyones motivation). If you're lifting weights, what program are you following (if any)?

Bottom line is that if you rely on motivation you'll fail, because nobody is motivated all the time. Discipline and routine will keep you going back to the gym every day even when you're not motivated to do so.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

carson6712 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m doing mostly lifting but a little warmup cardio, and i don’t know if it’s the cold weather that’s making me lazier, I don’t know.

I used to have a gym partner but he has gotten busy and it’s hard to have someone to help push you to go harder.

Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000) Gneejack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Relying on motivation usually ends in failure. That’s because it’s impossible to be motivated all the time, as you are finding out. What lasts is building a schedule and forming habits that makes training and nutrition just a part of your daily routine. You are what you act and if you do it habitually, it no longer becomes a chore that you need to be motivated to do.

newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50) newbutserious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What the others have said is great. There's a vexing little statement that is nonetheless true which is "Go to the gym and diet even when you don't want to". As time passes and habits form month after month after month you turn around and suddenly it's just a calm normal part of your daily routine. Suddenly you're "All around in shape guy" even though you never were before. I imagine some unfeeling artificial intelligence has been given the parameters to maximize how good I look and has established a near perfect exercise routine that avoids injury, but tones me up and loses weight over time. I just do that.

Still, for times like the one you're in now (sounds like maybe just a shade of seasonal affective disorder isn't helping) it can help to try to summon up some spark. You could sort of spend a day focusing on what you want to do (what your goals are), why it's important to you and what you're going to do to get there. Then think about what you'll do over the next 2 days, week, month, etc... to get there. Cultivate a really firm "I am doing this!" attitude in your head.

Also 33 lbs is a huge accomplishment! So... ...that's something to be proud of already. Holy cats! You're halfway to your goal!

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Gneejack View Post
    Relying on motivation usually ends in failure. That’s because it’s impossible to be motivated all the time, as you are finding out. What lasts is building a schedule and forming habits that makes training and nutrition just a part of your daily routine. You are what you act and if you do it habitually, it no longer becomes a chore that you need to be motivated to do.
    I think this is good advice. I saw on this forum a week or so ago: "Motivation is for losers, the plan is for winners. Have a plan and stick to it."

Sometimes I am motivated but recently I have been snowed under with work and haven't had 5 minutes to think about my goals, workout routine or diet. But despite that I've been eating my regular foods and going to the gym everyday because it's become a habbit.

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    I think this is good advice. I saw on this forum a week or so ago: "Motivation is for losers, the plan is for winners. Have a plan and stick to it."

Sometimes I am motivated but recently I have been snowed under with work and haven't had 5 minutes to think about my goals, workout routine or diet. But despite that I've been eating my regular foods and going to the gym everyday because it's become a habbit.
    I like that. I am great about planning and sticking to workouts, but I rely on motivation for diet and I am constantly failing at my weight loss goals. Thank you.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."