Thread: Daidōjuku/Kudo

LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Daidōjuku/Kudo

Has anyone trained this? I'm curious because I've been doing BJJ for a while and I want to do something a bit more MMA related, It appears from what I've seen the competitors wear Gis and head guards with face protectors, and the sport is a combo of Karate, Jujitsu and judo it's the face protector etc that interests me as far as taking it up goes, I train MMA however I can never go full blast with people because I work a job where going in with a black eye will get me in a lot of trouble.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMYbUVlbjIM&t=97s
    Last edited by LJB1; 11-12-2019 at 06:54 PM.

DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DubSilky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have you ever thought about doing sport jiu jitsu? It’s close to mma but not as brutal. Think point karate with jiu jitsu

LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LJB1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DubSilky View Post
    Have you ever thought about doing sport jiu jitsu? It’s close to mma but not as brutal. Think point karate with jiu jitsu
    I think the dojo that runs Kudo also does that, will have to go in and check their schedules. I'm enjoying the grappling and striking stuff I just want something that combines the two but not as savage as full blown MMA.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Never done this. It looks really cool. Do it if you find a place.

I do MMA. I've done a lot of NAGA and Newbreed grappling tournaments these past two years. I've moved recently and found a place that teaches Jeet Kune Do, a place that teaches Kali-Arnis Escrima and another place that teaches Pencak Silat. I've joined all three. If you find other martial arts go for it. MMA is called Mixed Martial Arts for a reason.
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Summertime Shreddness MotorcycleBrah's Avatar
    MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MotorcycleBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Kudo is a great and very effective style. You wear that face mask which prevent you from cuts but I don't think that it will prevent you from getting a black eye or a concussion. With a full contact martial art that involves striking it really depends on the gym how hard they go in sparring and how much damage you'll take. You'll have to asses it yourself.
    You will take less damage in a good MMA gym that differentiates between training for an actual fighter or recreational MMA training if that Kudo dojo does not. Otherwise I'd also suggest japanese sport Jiu Jiutsu. It involves Judo-heavy grappling (with a lot of newaza) and Karate striking, without the full contact of the striking.
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE ** (GSX-R1000)

**Official Bicycle Crew** Ờờ (Rose Xeon RS-3100 Di2)

**Shotokan Karate Crew**

Went to my first kudo class last night, wow loved it, the instructor said he could tell id been training MMA and BJJ for a while as the takedown and ground techniques were there however I needed to work on my standing work. Think im going to stick with this the conditioning/hiit part of the class was brilliant.

iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iloveus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LJB1 View Post
    Went to my first kudo class last night, wow loved it, the instructor said he could tell id been training MMA and BJJ for a while as the takedown and ground techniques were there however I needed to work on my standing work. Think im going to stick with this the conditioning/hiit part of the class was brilliant.
    That's awesome! Glad you found some place that you like. Keep us updated.
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingSWRV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    yeah usually my advice is just spend time wherever you have a nice facility in your city. The biggest elements are how nice and clean the environment is, the people who go there, and the instructors if you like them as teachers and people. Just basic stuff. Usually the actual "art" practiced is last on the list. Id rather train somewhere I like around people I like so thats not based on the specific martial art but rather just the nature of how each business is run.

Usually most cities wont have many options so the choice comes down to what is available and what is nice while being a good deal.

I for one am lucky to have an active pro MMA facility nearby in my city but thats not the case for everyone everywhere.
    A lot of girls say I'm built like a "Tank"
    BENCH: getting there
    DEADLIFT: getting there
    SQUAT: bout 350
    #TRUMP2020

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looks pretty legit.

If I was you, I'd try to check, if some guys at your local gym compete to see if it's legal.

Second week in deffo signing up as a member after the trial period, currently struggling in respect of distance in that kudo guys work farther away before they shoot in for take downs. I'm guessing because unlike BJJ they have to worry about someone kicking or kneeing them in the face.