KouMoz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Mirror Fitness - Is it worth it?

Morning all! I've just seen that there's a thing called Mirror fitness; basically an interactive mirror/camera which shows you live fitness classes and lets you talk to your other fitness pals and instructors. The only thing that's a bit concerning to me is the price of it all. The "mirror" itself costs $1,495 but that's not all. You then have to pay $39 a month every month just to use the device. For the same price, I can sign up to my regular gym for just over 3 years... My question is this. I get the appeal of having a gateway to fitness in the comfort of your own home, but is it really worth it? Does the pretty hefty price justify the product? Would love to hear from people who have the device already or plan to purchase it. Any other insights would be much appreciated! Have a great day!

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by KouMoz View Post
    Morning all! I've just seen that there's a thing called Mirror fitness; basically an interactive mirror/camera which shows you live fitness classes and lets you talk to your other fitness pals and instructors. The only thing that's a bit concerning to me is the price of it all. The "mirror" itself costs $1,495 but that's not all. You then have to pay $39 a month every month just to use the device. For the same price, I can sign up to my regular gym for just over 3 years... My question is this. I get the appeal of having a gateway to fitness in the comfort of your own home, but is it really worth it? Does the pretty hefty price justify the product? Would love to hear from people who have the device already or plan to purchase it. Any other insights would be much appreciated! Have a great day!
    Interactive fitness has become huge (Peloton ect...), and though XBox fitness failed the majority that used it really loved it.

Ill be getting a Mirror to test out and if its anything like XBox fitness it will be a winner for those that enjoy working out in there own home with out all the equipment or getting a personal trainer.

IMO there is a huge portion of the population that this mirror can help, elderly, super overweight people and people that want a personal trainer but don't want to spend $100+ a session 5 days a week. Its a bit pricey, and i hate the expensive subscription concept, but for some it may be the perfect fit. Just like how the Peloton bike costs over 2k, subscription costs like $40 a month, and all it is is a bike.

I think we will have some good deals on this Mirror unit once we get it in and test it out.
    Last edited by ripper238; 11-15-2019 at 09:17 AM.