WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Scary truth - weight loss log

The hard truth which is scary as hell to fathom is my life if I continue like this is probably more than halfway over!

Hey all, restarting my journey to overall health and fitness. In my prime I was 260 @ 10%, now almost 13 years later I am 364 @ 36%. It's funny how we know what we should do, and if I had hunkered down years ago I'd never be in this predicament. I am turning 35 on Christmas, and need to get my health in line.

That said I know I can get where I need to be, and will be using this not necessarily to log each workout but to hopefully give myself some accountability and log my weigh ins, progress pics, and diet/exercise programs in hope of getting solid feedback. Half, the battle is admitting to yourself that it is time. I smoked for a long time, I quit that, and it was a moment of clarity when I made the decision. I had that same epiphany for my weight loss and I like to think this is the last time I start another health quest.

Current stats:
    Height: 6'6"
    Weight: 364lbs
    Bodyfat %: 36.8
    Neck: 19.5"
    Shoulders: 57"
    Biceps: 17.5"
    Forearm: 15"
    Wrist: 9"
    Chest: 54"
    Waist: 56"
    Hips: 53"
    Quads: 31"
    Calf: 20"

Goals
    3 months, and I understand this may seem high to some, but in the past I have been able to accomplish this. I think it would be reasonable to lose 10-15lbs a month (first month will probably be over 15, but I don't want to get ahead of myself and set myself up for failure

1 year goal is 100lbs.

Diet, part of what has made running a calorie deficit in the past easier is that my TDEE is fairly high, even at sedentary level it is 3100ish. So I plan on 2,500 calories a day base NET, if I exercise I will take the number of calories the machine/app says I burned and multiply by .85 (since most machines over estimate) and I will eat those IF needed.

Food intake will be 6 meals a day, each one complex carbs/fruits/veggies, lean protein, and healthy fats. Some "meals" will be shakes made with whey, oatmeal powder, peanut butter.

Exercise, I will be doing aerobic in the AM for 30min before my first meal 6 days a week to start (increasing as needed), and anaerobic 4 times a week. One caveat is I really enjoy biking, so on days where I bike I will most likely just do that because I tend to ride 20-40miles and I am toasted afterwards.

Will add some questions in another post and pics when I can figure out how.
    Baby Steps - Dr Leo Marvin (What About Bob lol)

WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50) WantLessFat will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Okay, so extremely good week although I think I may not be eating enough. I dumped my MyFitnessPal data into excel and looked at Monday to Monday, even though I started the diet earlier than Monday, it works best for me to do a weekly update on Tuesday's.

I have lost 10.5lbs, and 16 total inches.

I have before pics and a week update, however I can't post pics till I have 50 plus posts apparently

Stats 11/12 11/19 Difference
    Weight 364 353.5 10.5
    Bodyfat 36
    Neck 19.5 19 0.5
    Upper Arm 17.5 17.5 0
    Forearm 15 15 0
    Chest 54 51 3
    Shoulders 57 54.5 2.5
    Waist 56 53 3
    Hip 53 50.5 2.5
    Quads 31 27.5 3.5
    Calf 20 19 1
    Wrist 9 9 0

Food wise, I have been really good, zero cheating and have logged everything I have put into my body. I am staying away from processed foods as well as sugar. I actually got my parents to start dieting with similar macros and they only live about 10 minutes from me, so we have been doing meal prep together and gives a nice variation instead of eating the same thing all the time!

I am having a hard time eating enough food. I am running a 1,000 calories deficit, yet when I dumped my food data into excel I was actually running about a 1,500 calorie deficit (on average, most days an extra 1-200 and 2 large days)

Alright week 3 still on track. Weight did not change a whole lot, but still losing inches (body fat is down, body water is up). Started incorporating HIIT in the AM instead of fast walking. I also put in 2 long bike rides (21 miles each). I feel like I am not getting enough fiber (feeling a little bloat, and Number 2's are not fun lol). Going to supplement some Psyllium Husk fiber in

Measurements:
    Neck: 19"
    Upper Arm: 16"
    Forearm: 14.5
    Chest: 50"
    Shoulders: 54"
    Waist: 52"
    Hips: 50"
    Quads: 28"
    Calf: 19
    Wrist: 8.5"

Since last week I have lost 5 Inches, and since start 21 inches! My 2XL shirts are fitting again, I used to have to stretch the belly out so they would not be so snug...NOT ANYMORE! 3XL I am swimming in!

Calories:
    Target (includes 1,000 deficit): 2,690
    Daily Average: 2425

On my biking days, I did eat back from net calories (Edit, said carbs before). For example yesterdays ride was 21 miles and MapMyRide said I did 2100 calories. I subtracted 30% off that to make it more realistic, then I ate back 50% of those because I felt like I really needed it (was dragging big time).

Progress pic updated in BIO since I can't insert images or links here.
    Last edited by WantLessFat; 11-26-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Figure I should do daily updates as much as possible to get up over the 50 message threshold.

1am here, today was Thanksgiving, I had the scale on the dinner table and did not cheat at all.

Workout: rode my bike for about an hour, it was so windy out I would come to a stop going downhill! I had to be home by a certain time and the wind was a killer, couldn't coast at all just had to keep pushing. App said I burned 1200 calories, so I subtracted 30% like usual for a more realistic number.

Food: I don't think I got enough protien and over did it on carbs. I was still under my goal calories though and dis not "eat back" any of the calories from biking.

I want to try biking every morning for an hour, I have cold weather gear that fits me again!

I went into my closet and am actually wearing a shirt that has not fit me in 2 years! Some people I have not seen in a while said I am looking much thinner.

I cheated, and don't feel good about it.

Went out for a couple drinks with friends and stayed out longer than I should have, then got drunk and ate tacos. I didn't go over my calories so at least I have that going for me. When I went out I was still at a 2k deficit, so no way i got there with vodka soda, and 4 small street tacos (just meat, sauce, and some sour cream), but definitely a slippery slope I need to stay away from.

Today, I have been really strict. Had two shakes (64g protien powder, 35g ground oatmeal, added 2tbsp peanut butter to one of them). Then had a can of tuna with 3 tbsp mayo. Currently at 1,660 calories and have 1k left, dinner will be pork chops, brown rice, and braised cabbage. This meal is 575 calories so will still be 455 short (1,455 deficit total).

Wanted to bike tomorrow, but supposed to get some snow and have slick road tires. Thinking about putting on some grippy tires but definitely not riding in ice. So maybe just stay home and go to complex gym and do some cardio.

Okay, pretty good day today, 12:17am time for bed. Been sleeping better. I am definitely getting more accustomed to the calorie deficit, most of my cravings are gone. Drive past my favorite pizza by the slice place every day and don't even blink when passing it!

physically did some tiling at my parents today worked up a sweat, btw tiling sucks!

Calories 1739, just not very hungry today. Was looking at different TDEE calculators, and I think the one MyFitnessPal uses is a bit on the high side. So I am going to try and cut things back from the suggested 2600 to closer to 2100.

Weight, I am going to post results on Tuesday, but I have been on the scale tonight and was very happy with results.

Tomorrow have a long day, gotta do some work for half the day, then tile more. The weather is absolute crap.

Oh, I have been using the steps instead of elevator at my complex and 3 flights is nothing. I used to be dying!

Finished the day at 1,914
    75g fat
    49g carbs
    275 protien

Did some tiling for my parents for several hours. Did not make it to the gym (got home around 10pm).

Going to bed now, updated measurements and progress pics coming tomorrow.

Smile 12/3/19 weigh-in and stats update

Weight: 346 (yay, broke 350lbs, feel like I broke the enigma code!)
    Total pound lost: 23.4
    Total weight lost since last week: 5.5lbs
    Bodyfat: 34.7%

Progress pic in Bio, what a difference a month can make!

(All measurements unflexed)
    Neck: 18.5"
    Shoulders: 54"
    Chest: 50"
    Waist: 51"
    Hip: 49"
    Thighs: 27"
    Calf: 19"
    Upper Arm: 16"
    Forearm: 14"
    Wrist: 8.5"

Total inches lost: 25"
    Inches lost since last week: 4"

New goal: 330lbs, which is the lowest I have been in about 4 years. As long as I stick to my calorie goals, that is about 5 weeks away.

Today I was dragging all day. Eventually, went home and took a nap (hence why it is almost 1am EST and I am still up!). Not a food issue, just have not been sleeping well.

I really enjoy cooking, so have been making some excellent lunches and dinners that have been low calorie but full of taste! Tonight I sauteed garlic, onion, and chicken breast. Then deglazed the pan with some water and tossed in some artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, and sun-dried tomatoes (squeezed the oil out). It was so freaking good, I think next time I will put in an ounce or 2 of feta cheese!

Calorie Goal: 2,000
    Actual Cals: 1,746

Bad food: finished the bag of Smart Food White Cheddar popcorn I got yesterday (small bag). Not a big deal, but not trying to make a habit of it. I also had some Blue Cheese dressing on a salad, but honestly don't really care if I am under on my calories.

Protein: 174g
    Fat: 83g
    Carbs: 90
    Last edited by WantLessFat; 12-04-2019 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Why I was dragging

Recovered from feeling like crap, and got plenty of sleep last night! Had a very productive day, and ate very well. Had some pork tenderloin for dinner that literally was cooked to perfection, tender as prime rib!

Calories 1,825
    Protein: 178
    Fat: 78
    Carbs: 178

Need to get more protein in, but going to bed feeling full. Hopped on the scale this morning and weighed 345, which is a 2 year low!

I an saving so much money by not drinking (as much & no craft beer), not eating out regularly (once in past month), and since I am in a 1,600 deficit a lot less groceries! Was probably eating around 4k calories before hence the steady weight gain, so I am eating less than half that!

Have not followed up lately, been a hectic weekend. I was pretty good over the weekend. No major issues, I think I am ready for a cheat meal (just a meal, not a full day). The cravings are hitting hard lol. Went to a friendsgiving and ate before I went, staying away from the dessert table was really difficult, I actually left after an hour because it was too tempting sitting there watching people eating pie and cheesecake.

I have my cheat meal planned out already, but not doing it till I break into the 330's (30lb lost), this morning was 342, so probably by the mid/end of the week. I am thinking a burger (with a bun haha) and all the fixings, and a slice of cheesecake YUM.

I went an entire day without adding calories to MyFitnessPal just to see how I would do with guessing my calories, I was still under my daily allowance by 100, so that was a nice win.

Smile Weekly Stats Update

12/10/19
    Weight: 342lbs
    Weight lost from last week: 3lbs
    Weight lost overall: 27.4lbs

Neck: 18.5" No Change
    Upper Arm: 15.5" Half inch lost
    Forearm: 14" One inch lost
    Chest: 49" One inch lost
    Waist: 50" One inch lost
    Hips: 48" One inch lost
    Quads: 26" One inch lost (x2)
    Calfs: 19" No Change
    Wrist: 8.25" Quarter inch lost

Total Inches lost this week: 4.75"
    Total Overall inches lost: 29.75"

Overall I feel like I have been dragging more and more, with less and less energy. My clothes have become baggy, even my sweatpants are starting to fall off my butt and I have to tie them tight. I have old clothes that I am able to fit into again from years ago.

My weight loss has also started to slow up, I think I need to change some things around with my diet. I can't see reducing calories anymore since I am already in a 50% deficit. Have been reading how a cheat meal or two could help break a plateau so once I hit the 330's I will be having my first. I am planning the meal out and think I will not actually go over maintenance.

Today I actually barely ate, but I have a lot more energy than the past few days. My mom has been using one of those SAD lamps and sent me one (swears by it), maybe it's that or I upped my carbs a bit at the expense of some fat. I also ran out of protien powder 2 days ago and have been waiting for my weekly Costco run to get some more.

Tomorrow morning I am going to try cooking my oatmeal and toss in some eggs, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and maybe half a banana. Exparment a little.

Visited a friend I have not seen in about a month and a half, them and their little sis said I looked "drastically different".

Today's food intake.
    Calories: 1,841 (that's about a 50% deficit, need more food)
    Protien: 213g
    Carbs: 72g
    Fat: 84g

Smile Weekly weigh in results 12/17/19

I have not been on much this past week, been very busy and a friend went out of the country for a vacation and taking care of her sick dog...not fun at all walking up every 2-3hours to rush her down the hall, 2 flights and out in freezing rain...FML

Had s cheat meal on Friday...! Pizza, sushi, half a double burger, and a slice of cheesecake. Needless to say I felt horrible after, and threw up the next day. My abs still hurt from throwing up...like hard to sleep hurt and coupled with this sick dog I am barely functioning.

That said....RESULTS!

My scale ran out of batteries but I am in the 330's which is freaking awesome. This is my 6 year low!

Weight: 336lbs
    Lost since last week: 6lbs (probably lost less since I did not eat much sat/sun).
    Total lost: 39lbs

Measurements
    Neck: 18 half inch lost
    Chest: 48.5 half inch lost
    Waist: 50 No change
    Hips: 47 one inch lost
    Quads: 27.5 no change
    Calves: 18 one inch lost
    Upper arm: 15 half inch lost
    Forearm: 13.75 half inch lost
    Wrist: 8 quarter inch lost

Total inches lost since last week: 4.25
    Overall inches lost: 34"

Didn't do pics last week, will update progress photo in bio later.

I had initially given myself a year for this transformation, but at my current rate will be much sooner.
    Last edited by WantLessFat; 12-17-2019 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Wording

Hopped on the scale today after a normal days eating, and just like I expected it went up 2 lbs, so I actually only lost 4 pounds last week which is a lot more realistic. I think it is was just the not feeling well (vomit and diarrhea) water loss on top of weight loss.

Yesterday I did over indulge on popcorn (my biggest weakness), at an entire bag of light popcorn which was 500 calories. I was still under tdee, but over my goal by about 300 calories. I need to just not buy it, it is too hard to just have one serving... Sad I know..

Was at the vet yesterday with my friends dog and we had a breakthrough, she is on a new med and she slept through the night with no accidents in the house so I also slept through the night! First time I got a full nights sleep in 4 days! I had made her a big pot of rice and boiled chicken breast, they put her on a different special diet. So at least I now have days worth of food cooked and ready to go haha.

cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) cherrygarcia80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WantLessFat View Post
    I have not been on much this past week, been very busy and a friend went out of the country for a vacation and taking care of her sick dog...not fun at all walking up every 2-3hours to rush her down the hall, 2 flights and out in freezing rain...FML

Had s cheat meal on Friday...! Pizza, sushi, half a double burger, and a slice of cheesecake. Needless to say I felt horrible after, and threw up the next day. My abs still hurt from throwing up...like hard to sleep hurt and coupled with this sick dog I am barely functioning.

That said....RESULTS!

My scale ran out of batteries but I am in the 330's which is freaking awesome. This is my 6 year low!

Weight: 336lbs
    Lost since last week: 6lbs (probably lost less since I did not eat much sat/sun).
    Total lost: 39lbs

Measurements
    Neck: 18 half inch lost
    Chest: 48.5 half inch lost
    Waist: 50 No change
    Hips: 47 one inch lost
    Quads: 27.5 no change
    Calves: 18 one inch lost
    Upper arm: 15 half inch lost
    Forearm: 13.75 half inch lost
    Wrist: 8 quarter inch lost

Total inches lost since last week: 4.25
    Overall inches lost: 34"

Didn't do pics last week, will update progress photo in bio later.

I had initially given myself a year for this transformation, but at my current rate will be much sooner.
    Congrats on the amazing progress so far! I started my journey at 378lbs so I can completely identify. The one piece of advice i'd give is never give up, if you have a bad day just get up and keep on going, this journey can be done. Wishing you all the best as you journey on
    =================
    Total weight lost: 128 lbs
    =================

Starting weight: 378 lbs
    Current weight: 250 lbs

******* 4 years on keto so far - keto4life!!! ***************

my fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166528931