JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

AEW vs. NXT: Wednesday Night Wrestling TV Ratings War (through 11/6/19)

Hopefully everyone here is civil and this doesn't turn into a "I like this Show so fuk the other show and it's fans!" crapfest. We're all fans of wrestling, we should be happy there is more choice of product than there has been in like 20 years.

Looking at this, I'd say this week is going to be very, very close - and last week was basically a tie b/w NXT and AEW. NXT might pull off the win this week if AEW continues to slip and they maintain.

Those watching NXT, what caused the drop off in October? Are they shaking things up?

Those watching AEW, viewership is steadily declining, do you expect it to flatline soon? I wonder what effect the PPV will have on this week.

I can't comment on NXT (although, I should really start including it with my weekly watching) but I've been personally very happy with AEW thus far. That first episode was PPV-level quality. I think they have a lot of stars but their lower/mid card is severely lacking and there are more than a couple guys who strike me as dead weight and best left on the indys and off a National television show/promotion.

Those more (or longer) familiar with the guys running this show, Cody/YoungBucks/Omega, do you think they'll cut some nuts of guys like Jimmy Havok or even Joey Janela and Marco Stunt? I kind of feel like they need to make some tough choices but this early in the show they haven't culled the herd at all, so who knows what their longterm plans are.

Anyone who is a NXT fan/follower, have ideas what's going on there?
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the newness of AEW will wear off and the ratings will be closer if not NxT taking over in the next few weeks. I think WWE in general could step up their game if they felt like it and have all their shows be as good as NxT and kind of cause a chain reaction of creating more interest in all their shows.. but 7 hours a week.. that's just a lot of tv to watch.
    ***GODDESS BLISS CREW***

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BallGameFan View Post
    I think the newness of AEW will wear off and the ratings will be closer if not NxT taking over in the next few weeks. I think WWE in general could step up their game if they felt like it and have all their shows be as good as NxT and kind of cause a chain reaction of creating more interest in all their shows.. but 7 hours a week.. that's just a lot of tv to watch.
    As someone who checked out of WWE something like 5 years back, it was a slow process - one that started when they switched to 3 hours for RAW. I really think the quality for their flagship show went south when they did that and you nailed it, there is a LOT of content out there (now more than ever).

I've really been into AEW but the ratings have continued to drop, as a fan I'm hoping they baseline and then they can build them upwards. They're doing quite a lot of things right but other things like Dark Order, Jimmy Havok, to a lesser extent Joey Janela, that needs to shape up more.

I think Janela is actually kind of indicative of their problems: He's actually not a bad wrestler workwise and is over with the crowd, but AEW needs to reach and and grow their audience, beyond the fans of BeingTheElite and the more smalltime stuff these guys have been doing. Joey Janela and Marco Stunt won't grow their audience and might be turning off normies who see these small unathletic looking guys and write off the entire show.

The production is A-game. The storylines are A-game. The talent is hit or miss, though.
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) I3igAl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    I think Janela is actually kind of indicative of their problems: He's actually not a bad wrestler workwise and is over with the crowd, but AEW needs to reach and and grow their audience, beyond the fans of BeingTheElite and the more smalltime stuff these guys have been doing. Joey Janela and Marco Stunt won't grow their audience and might be turning off normies who see these small unathletic looking guys and write off the entire show.

The production is A-game. The storylines are A-game. The talent is hit or miss, though.
    Kinda agree here. But I would exclude Marco Stunt here(unless he gets pushed too hard). Dude is so tiny, that he kinda becomes interesting. He is a freakshow in his own right.
    It's the Jimmy Havok's and Janelas, that bother me. (Though admittedly Janela has some kind of charisma. But seeing his short tubby body next some guys he faces, he looks out of place.)

BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make RAW 2 hours again and I think that is a huge step. 3 hours.. that is just too much in and of itself.

I'm also curious how the NxT invasion angle will turn out. Hopefully Survivor Series is good.
    ***GODDESS BLISS CREW***

Originally Posted by I3igAl View Post
    Kinda agree here. But I would exclude Marco Stunt here(unless he gets pushed too hard). Dude is so tiny, that he kinda becomes interesting. He is a freakshow in his own right.
    It's the Jimmy Havok's and Janelas, that bother me. (Though admittedly Janela has some kind of charisma. But seeing his short tubby body next some guys he faces, he looks out of place.)
    If Marco Stunt never locked up with anyone, was used as a manager/valet role, would only hit moves really from the outside behind the ref, was used to get the heels heat when they would stomp on him -- he'd be fine. So he's outside pumping up the crowd and some assh*le heel kicks him from behind and sends him 20 yards flying like a ragdoll, later in the match, he gets his heat back and sneaks up on whoever, hits some crazy badass looking move and the guy sells for it. Fine. That would get over. I am okay with it. He can't be locking up with normal-sized wrestlers, though.

He hasn't been used like that, though - the two times I've seen him he's been part of matches. Once was because on an injury, but still, inexcusable and I think it turns off more people than it attracts by a wide margin.

Janela is a shame - he has some charisma, he works in the ring well, he's great at pumping up the crowds and reacting to them. He's just a midget and has never bothered to enter a gym in his life. Sorry. Cody and Omega are small guys but nobody is bothered about either being top guys because they both look and move like athletes. To a lesser extent, same with Sammy Guevara or Darby Allin. Small dudes but both in awesome shape and look like athletes.

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    AEW's big first week was probably from a lot of WWE fans wanting to check it out and then the decline is just from them leaving as they'd rather watch RAW (because like BallGame said, there is a lot of wrestling each week to watch now). The 2 mil that watch RAW each week are pretty much diehard at this point and will watch it no matter how good or bad it gets. As much as AEW wants to grow their brand, the wrestling scene is not late 90's early 2000 levels of popular and I don't know if they'll ever get the growth they want. Too many factors in play like kids don't watch wrestling any more really, kayfabe is 100% dead (even though people knew about in the Attitude era, it wasn't this level of knowing because of social media), etc.

With NXT, it is so far ahead of RAW and Smackdown in terms of quality though even though the other brands have arguably bigger stars. It comes down to better writing and letting guys perform whereas RAW and Smackdown have such cookie cutter matches and overly scripted dumb promos. I don't think RAW or Smackdown will ever get back to the level of quality it can get to because no one has the creative freedom to do anything cool. AEW apparently has 0 writers which means guys write their own material, RAW has like 40+ writers.
    Not part of any crews crew

are AEW's ratings higher than smackdown or raw?
    ***GODDESS BLISS CREW***

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SerpentHearted is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What both shows have going for them which the other two shows have let slip is the obvious: just putting on good wrestling matches one after the other.

I tend to agree that some of the male physiques are lacking on AEW.
    Like... they deliver in the matches which is what counts but first impressions matter too. I think it's different to a big fat guy who is surprisingly agile, you know what i mean? For men it's really not *that* hard to get into moderately athletic shape. I actually liked how they used that little Marko guy the other week though and I wasn't expecting to.

NXT i feel is in a bit of a rebuild stage too as they're still establishing some new people, reintegrating the CW roster, and so forth.
    But the main thing is that 9 out of 10 times, people get the chance to go out and put on a good match. Not just... "kill 7 minutes doing nothing in particular and then take a cheap pin via distraction, or walk out of the match, or DQ" or whatever. RAW feels like you wait 20 minutes for that, then wait 20 minutes again for the same from the women's division,, then wait 20 minutes more for the same from the tag division... and if you're lucky maybe the main event + one other match might actually be good. Every match should be good god damnit. Every match should make me think "oh good" the next time either of the people in it have a match with anyone else.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BallGameFan View Post
    are AEW's ratings higher than smackdown or raw?
    Aew is better than both of those shows regardless of ratings

Ecw was better wrestling than wwf yet did they overtake them or wcw? No.
    A Little Bit Of The Bubbly