CoryJWil is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What am I behind on?

The way I have my program set up is that I try to go to failure and once I am able to hit my total reps throughout the sets I increase the weight. I am 26 years old, 5' 9" and 160 lbs. I only just recently started working out for the first time in my life and I know none of my weights are impressive but I was wondering COMPARED to other areas of my body if some of the weights are weaker. I was just curious if there are certain areas I should focus on to get me on par with other body parts (or if there are any areas I am particularly strong in). Since I use to be a little overweight I have not been trying to bulk as much as just recomp so my weights haven't increased as much as the probably could have in the 2 months since I started and have been adding/changing the way I do some exercises so some are still changing more frequently.

Back Squat - 4 sets for 32 total reps - 155 lbs (I feel like I could go higher in this but I have been increasing this slow to prevent injuries)
    Bench Press- 3 sets for 25 total reps - 125 lbs
    Barbell Row- 3 sets for 25 total reps - 105 lbs
    Leg Curls - 3 sets for 30 total reps - 30 lbs (I will be increasing this one 5-10 lbs)
    Seated DB press-2 sets 20 total reps - 35 lbs
    Pulldowns - 3 sets for 30 total reps - 100 lbs
    Calve raises - 3 sets for 40 total reps - 125 lbs (I will be increasing this one soon)
    Incline DB press- 3 sets 30 total reps - 50 lbs
    Lateral raises - 3 sets for 30 total reps- 25 lbs
    Barbell shrugs- 3 sets for 30 total reps- 125 lbs (this one will probably increase soon)
    Straight arm pulldowns-3sets 40 total reps - 50 lbs
    Face pulls - 3 sets for 40 total reps - 50 lbs
    Skull crushers- 3 sets for 30 total reps 25 lbs
    Barbell curls - 3 sets for 30 total reps 75 lbs

I was planning on adding a Romanian deadlift soon and was wondering if anyone had any starting weight recommendations after looking at my other weights.

Edit:
    I am doing the Viking Bare bones program (so not all these are done on the same day, just most of the exercises in the program) but since I am new and still learning I left some exercises out and have been adding them once I feel like I have learned and am doing the other exercises correctly (so not to overload myself with too much at once. I know that it is more intermediate than beginner, but I liked that it was going to failure and a few other things when I was researching programs. Should I change to the fierce 5 like some people have said already? I almost got this program down (with all the different exercises) and it would suck to change it now that I mostly have all the exercises and weights figured out.
    Last edited by CoryJWil; 11-11-2019 at 09:32 PM.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by CoryJWil View Post
    The way I have my program set up is that I try to go to failure and once I am able to hit my total reps throughout the sets I increase the weight. I am 26 years old, 5' 9" and 160 lbs. I only just recently started working out for the first time in my life and I know none of my weights are impressive but I was wondering COMPARED to other areas of my body if some of the weights are weaker. I was just curious if there are certain areas I should focus on to get me on par with other body parts (or if there are any areas I am particularly strong in). Since I use to be a little overweight I have not been trying to bulk as much as just recomp so my weights haven't increased as much as the probably could have in the 2 months since I started and have been adding/changing the way I do some exercises so some are still changing more frequently.

Back Squat - 4 sets for 32 total reps - 155 lbs (I feel like I could go higher in this but I have been increasing this slow to prevent injuries)
    Bench Press- 3 sets for 25 total reps - 125 lbs
    Barbell Row- 3 sets for 25 total reps - 105 lbs
    Leg Curls - 3 sets for 30 total reps - 30 lbs (I will be increasing this one 5-10 lbs)
    Seated DB press-2 sets 20 total reps - 35 lbs
    Pulldowns - 3 sets for 30 total reps - 100 lbs
    Calve raises - 3 sets for 40 total reps - 125 lbs (I will be increasing this one soon)
    Incline DB press- 3 sets 30 total reps - 50 lbs
    Lateral raises - 3 sets for 30 total reps- 25 lbs
    Barbell shrugs- 3 sets for 30 total reps- 125 lbs (this one will probably increase soon)
    Straight arm pulldowns-3sets 40 total reps - 50 lbs
    Face pulls - 3 sets for 40 total reps - 50 lbs
    Skull crushers- 3 sets for 30 total reps 25 lbs
    Barbell curls - 3 sets for 30 total reps 75 lbs

I was planning on adding a Romanian deadlift soon and was wondering if anyone had any starting weight recommendations after looking at my other weights.
    run fierce 5 novice, you have too many fluff exercises and not enough substance.

if you are able to lift more than you did a month ago id say you've made good progress, just keep trying to improve over your past accomplishments and for the Romanian deadlift id start with 35 on each side and if you can do that easy with good form go up by however much feels good to you
    Trump 2020

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    I suggest you look in the mirror if you want to figure out if there are certain muscle groups you should be focusing on, but I would guess that none of your muscles have eclipsed any of the the others in the 2 months that you've been working out, especially if you've been frequently adding/changing some exercises and changing the way you do them as you say (which is likely counterproductive).

You may want to consider scrapping your program for a novice program. If you want to stick w/ this (which I do not recommend), you should try to split the exercises up if you're doing all in 1 day, and bring the 20-40 rep range for each set down significantly.

CoryJWil is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rexfrommex View Post
    run fierce 5 novice, you have too many fluff exercises and not enough substance.

if you are able to lift more than you did a month ago id say you've made good progress, just keep trying to improve over your past accomplishments and for the Romanian deadlift id start with 35 on each side and if you can do that easy with good form go up by however much feels good to you
    Thanks for the advice. I have definitely increased from where I started. I will look into the fierce 5 more (maybe even try it for a month and see if I like it better)

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I suggest you look in the mirror if you want to figure out if there are certain muscle groups you should be focusing on, but I would guess that none of your muscles have eclipsed any of the the others in the 2 months that you've been working out, especially if you've been frequently adding/changing some exercises and changing the way you do them as you say (which is likely counterproductive).

You may want to consider scrapping your program for a novice program. If you want to stick w/ this (which I do not recommend), you should try to split the exercises up if you're doing all in 1 day, and bring the 20-40 rep range for each set down significantly.
    Thanks for the advice, I have added more to my original post to better explain my program. As for changing the way I do them I mean more of improving my form (since I am new I am trying to self teach myself how to do them by researching them) or for example, I changed my calve raises from using dumbbells to using the barbell because I was able to add more weight with the equipment I had.