Giselleco is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Glute Imbalance Question

Hey! So I have a bit of scoliosis and glute imbalance which I'm assuming is from it - had it all my life. In the past year I've started weight training so I'm trying to fix it. But I can't figure out if my left side is the weak or strong side? Can someone with more experience tell if it's bigger from being stronger or "saggier"/less toned from being weaker?
    Last edited by Giselleco; 11-13-2019 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Image was sideways

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your glute imbalance is hardly noticeable IMO and it may be due to your scoliosis or just genetics / how your body is naturally. Our bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical.

From a photo it's hard to tell if the left side is stronger, saggier, less toned, or weaker. You could try to feel it and flex it to see if there's any composition diff between muscle and fat, but it still may be hard to tell. You could also try diff glute exercises isolating each side to see if there is a strength diff.

My guess is that any difference in strength or muscle on the left side is minimal.

Giselleco is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Your glute imbalance is hardly noticeable IMO and it may be due to your scoliosis or just genetics / how your body is naturally. Our bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical.

From a photo it's hard to tell if the left side is stronger, saggier, less toned, or weaker. You could try to feel it and flex it to see if there's any composition diff between muscle and fat, but it still may be hard to tell. You could also try diff glute exercises isolating each side to see if there is a strength diff.

My guess is that any difference in strength or muscle on the left side is minimal.
    I feel like it's super noticeable but I think we're all more critical of ourselves I suppose haha. Good to know it's not uber weird looking. When I flex the left side looks a tad bigger but hardly. I can isolate both glutes during exercises so I know both are activating. I'll stick to my current plan and see if there's any change in a few months! Thanks for the advice!

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just train and gains muscle evenly. Lots of compounds
    Deadlift, rdl, glute Ham raise etc.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Do you have a leg length discrepancy?

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Giselleco View Post
    Hey! So I have a bit of scoliosis and glute imbalance which I'm assuming is from it - had it all my life. In the past year I've started weight training so I'm trying to fix it. But I can't figure out if my left side is the weak or strong side? Can someone with more experience tell if it's bigger from being stronger or "saggier"/less toned from being weaker?
    Just know that no male is ever going to give a **** about your 'glute imbalance'. It is noticeable, though. It looks like one side is contracted and the other side isn't. Take Wolfs' advice, but also include unilateral RDLs.

I was just reading something earlier today about locating imbalances via unilateral work. When and if I find it, I'll post it.