LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Religious fasting

Has anyone ever done a 3 day fast? If so, what was the experience like?
    Get ripped or die mirin
    Panthers Hornets Tar Heels

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For Religion, No.

For personal health, sure. Gone 10 days.

With a three day fast to someone who doesn't fast all the time, you'll get fairly miserable around the times you're normally used to eating (lunch, dinner, whatever), but the hunger comes and goes. The first and second day tend to be the worst however, if you're not in ketosis or not used to going into ketosis with like a low-carb diet, for some when your body shifts into ketosis -- it's a very unpleasant experience. Before I had done low carb diets or fasted much, I would try out longish fasts like this and I would repeatedly give up sometime around day 3 because I felt like I was getting sick or something. In reality, I was just entering ketosis.

If you're not super into fasting, you might want to take a week, try intermittent fasting out for awhile (which is, either cutting dinner or breakfast out, depending on whether you workout in the mornings or nights) and maybe cut out carbs 2-3 days before the fasting so you're already in ketosis or getting there by the time you start.

Keeping yourself hydrated throughout is smart, if you're able to drink water. Otherwise, electrolytes are helpful (sodium, potassium, zinc and magnesium)
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LightsXout28c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    For Religion, No.

With a three day fast to someone who doesn't fast all the time, you'll get fairly miserable around the times you're normally used to eating (lunch, dinner, whatever), but the hunger comes and goes. The first and second day tend to be the worst however, if you're not in ketosis or not used to going into ketosis with like a low-carb diet, for some when your body shifts into ketosis -- it's a very unpleasant experience. Before I had done low carb diets or fasted much, I would try out longish fasts like this and I would repeatedly give up sometime around day 3 because I felt like I was getting sick or something. In reality, I was just entering ketosis.

If you're not super into fasting, you might want to take a week, try intermittent fasting out for awhile (which is, either cutting dinner or breakfast out, depending on whether you workout in the mornings or nights) and maybe cut out carbs 2-3 days before the fasting so you're already in ketosis or getting there by the time you start.

Keeping yourself hydrated throughout is smart, if you're able to drink water. Otherwise, electrolytes are helpful (sodium, potassium, zinc and magnesium)
    good advice thanks
    Get ripped or die mirin
    Panthers Hornets Tar Heels

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    For Religion, No.

I’ve been doing IF for a while(but usually just an easy 8-10 eating window) and have been thinking about adding a prolonged fast to my routine. I’ll probably just start with a 24 hour fast once a month or so then make every 2nd or 3rd month a 48 hour fast. Do you notice a big difference between the different lengths as far as health or feeling afterwards? Also, do you have a certain schedule for them or just take a break from eating whenever you feel like your body needs it?
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -meditation crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew

jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jtaylor2010 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I think anything you do for religion, causes the loss of billions of brain cells.
    Strong contribution to the thread edgelord.
    +positive crew+
    -we all gonna make it, but what it is is up to you crew
    -meditation crew
    -all things in moderation, even political views crew
    -try to do at least one good deed/day crew

NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NMH is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not religious based, but actually seems to healthy for you, clears the body of dead/dis functioning cells and many other benefits

Found My Fitness – A Fasting Q&A with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Mike Maser:

https://podcastnotes.org/2019/01/09/patrick/
    MFC

RIP YGST

**KNEE DRAGGERS CREW**

O's/Ravens/Caps

Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Eugenics is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LightsXout28c View Post
    Has anyone ever done a 3 day fast? If so, what was the experience like?
    I've done a 7 day water fast before and tbh it was an amazing experience. Heightened mental clarity, greater sense of touch and smell. Your general awareness about life increases. Fasting should be mandatory for everyone at least once in their lifetime imo. The hunger pains go away after about day 3-4 and you don't feel hungry after that. You do get light headed and dizzy at times, so you just have to move around more slowly. The first time you taste food again, you can really taste the sugar and salt in things and literally tastes disgusting and you're like how can I eat something so salty or sweet? Really makes you think about what we put in our bodies.

I want to do another one soon and maybe go 10-21.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NMH View Post
    Not religious based, but actually seems to healthy for you, clears the body of dead/dis functioning cells and many other benefits

Found My Fitness – A Fasting Q&A with Dr. Rhonda Patrick and Mike Maser:

https://podcastnotes.org/2019/01/09/patrick/
    I dig both, I'll have to check out this podcast together. Dr. patrick absolutely kills it every time she's on the Joe Rogan podcast, some of his better interviews where he knows enough to sit back and let her educate him. Mike Maser covers interesting topics, although I don't always find him and his wife the most engaging messengers, but he seems like a good dude (I of all people shouldn't complain, but he tends to ramble).

Originally Posted by jtaylor2010 View Post
    I’ve been doing IF for a while(but usually just an easy 8-10 eating window) and have been thinking about adding a prolonged fast to my routine. I’ll probably just start with a 24 hour fast once a month or so then make every 2nd or 3rd month a 48 hour fast. Do you notice a big difference between the different lengths as far as health or feeling afterwards? Also, do you have a certain schedule for them or just take a break from eating whenever you feel like your body needs it?
    Yeah, I don't really feel much with a 24 hour fast, particularly if it's stopping eating one day at say 8pm and then the next day just eating at 8pm. Not saying there is no benefit, but the mental clarity and more pronounced feeling comes around day 4. I tend to sleep a lot less while fasting. Lots of low ambient-level energy, not like hit the gym and bust my ass, but perfect for chores at the house. I'd get up and do the dishes stuff like that, which bad husband alert, I usually don't do much of.

Afterwards I felt fine, I broke my fast softly with bone broth, kept it pretty clean. I noticed my allergies (which can get ugly) were clear for about a month, and during the fasting process after a few days as well. Texas is very seasonal, though, so them coming and going is not uncommon.

Eugenics, despite some of his political ideas, is on the money here. I don't recommend eating overly salty and definitely not sugary foods post-fast, though. Food tastes better, particularly whole foods, but you also see this kind of thing with shorter fasts, like with OMAD.

He's talking about doing a longer fast, 10 days has been my limit but I could have gone on longer - probably much longer. After a few days you kind of just cruise, energy levels tend to come and go but the feelings of hunger really do diminish.

In your case, you could do a long-long fast maybe once a year. I don't, but once every month or so I'll do a 3+ fast and usually a day a week on an off training day I'll try to fast. Lately my training has gone to the dogs, so I've had a lot of days to pick from.

Nobody is talking about weight loss, but I lost a bit of weight in the 10 days but a lot of it came back, especially as I hit the gym and calories hard once I was done.

For purely fat loss, I got way more out of intermittent daily fasting. A few years back I'd put on a little weight and in a month of training hard and eating big one day, then fasting the next, I fasted a total of 11 days in that month. I lost about 20 pounds, kept it all off, and maintained strength throughout. Fasting 10 days straight, I didn't train at all
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not for religion but...

...I did a 2.5 day fast a few years ago. If I go back to my daily weigh ins, you can see a notable increase in the speed in which I was losing weight after the fast. I guess it helped correct some things so my deficit was more effective after that.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES