jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10) jdesey is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Must change it up

I’m 53 and have been lifting now for 40
    Years.

I’m changing it up again. I do this 2 or 3 times per year. I find that if I do not, I get bored and my body stops responding. Our bodies are very smart and will adjust and adapt to the stress load and then we start progressing.

Arnold was a big fan of the “shocking method“. I agree with him. Every once in a while do something really different that your body is not expecting.

Right now I’m moving from a very high rep moderate weight program to a higher weight lower reps program. The total volume is probably about the same, but my body has stopped responding after about six months on the previous routine.

Anyone else do this ?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Your body adapting is called the repeated bouts effect. It's true that your body will stop responding to the same stimulus. I would probably prefer progressive change over time rather than suddenly changing everything. You can let rep ranges move by increasing the weight at regular intervals and naturally allowing the reps per set to drop, you can switch out one lift for another close variant, you can ramp up total volume until you need a deload - then reset it.