hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Switching from PPL to Upper/Lower...Questions...

READ 2ND POST FOR THE SUMMARY.

I’m a beginner in the gym. My lifts use very small weights. I’m currently doing PPL 4 times a week, but I was recommended to use Upper/Lower because I can train each body part twice a week. Here’s my current regime. (All barbell weights are total (including the 45lbs bar)

PUSH

Bench Press 3 x 8

Barbell Shoulder Press 3 x 8:

Incline bench press 3 x 8

Dumbbell Side Lateral Raises 3 x 10:

Cable Tricep Pushdown 3 x 10:

Dips 3 x 8

PULL

Bent over row barbell 3 x 8

Barbell shrugs 3 x 8-10

Pull-ups
    3 x 10

Cable Face pulls 3 x 10-12

Barbell ez curl (each side not including bar ) 3 x 8

Dumbbell Hammer Curl 3 x 8-10

LEGS/ABS

Squat 3 x 6-8: (upper part 11) (lower 5)

Romanian Deadlifts barbell 3 x 8-10

Leg Press 3 x 10

Leg curl machine 3 x 10

Standing Calf Raise 4 x 8-10

Sit-ups 3 x 8

It’s very light. And I want to improve my weights. If you see my push day, you can see 2 chest exercises. So let me get this straight: for Upper/Lower, I’m going to do Bench Press Monday, and Incline Bench on Wednesday?

Also for the rest of the muscle groups...Am I correct in thinking that I’m basically going to split all the duplicate body parts into 2 separate days of the week? If so, I’m going to train the same exact parts as I am now, but just splitting it? Will that really make me stronger, or do I need to add more different chest exercises on my Wednesday.

Sorry if I am not coming clear. It’s pretty difficult for me to describe my question. I hope you guys understand me. If not, let me know.

hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Basically, I want to know if I need to add any more exercises to switch to Upper/Lower.

I also want clarification if using the same workload per body part/week, but split in 2 days will actually help me add more weights.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do not need to try to create your own routine. DO NOT TRY TO CREATE YOUR OWN ROUTINE.

Personally, I think you need a good novice program (full body 3 days a week), but if you are "set" on a Upper/Lower, look at post #4 in https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1266761131

Got it!

I clicked the link you posted and I scrolled up to post 2 with the novice full body workout. I really liked that program, but I was wondering why it was missing Chest workouts in workout B. I thought the whole point from switching from PPL to full body was to train major muscle groups at least twice a week. Because there will be some weeks that I only train Workout A once, and Workout B twice (and vice versa)