foghorn85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Trouble with calories and getting my nutrition right

Hi all, I am trying to dial in my nutrition.

Everything was going very well (nutrition wise) up until about a month and half ago when I had some blood work done and my A1C level was in the pre-diabetic range. I was only consuming around 230g of carbs a day and only around 15g of sugars (from fruit) a day. I had bloodwork done roughly a year prior to that and everything was within normal ranges (and I was eating way worse when the first round of bloodwork was done). 50g of those carbs did come from the Karbolyn supplement post work-out. I have since stopped drinking the Karbolyn drink and my only carbs come from oats and brown rice.

I am trying to gain lean-muscle mass and I asked the owner of the gym who also does meal-plans to create something for me and he has me at roughly 2200 calories (I am 5'10 and 150 lbs).

Are my calories to low?

How can I supplement the loss of carbs in my diet? (on 160g a day at the recommendation of my doctor until another round of bloodwork is done)

I just feel like I am not eating enough or the amount of carbs is not cutting it. I also feel like maybe the Karbolyn drink was causing the spike in my A1C, but I won't know until about April and I can't find any info on high blood sugar levels resulting from Karbolyn online.

A rough outline of my daily intake of food goes:

Eggs and egg whites w/ oats
    Protein shake with oats
    Beef with rice and veggies
    Chicken with rice and veggies
    Post workout protein shake
    More eggs

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have you read the stickies?
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's with your addiction of carbs?

rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) rtpmarine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by exclusiivity View Post
    What's with your addiction of carbs?
    This. Your current diet looks perfect for your situation. It only feels difficult because you’re body has spent so long burning carbs. It’s pissed off that it can’t have what it wants.