Beavertown has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Working shifts and Training what routine?

I have recently changed shift patterns at work which has messed my routine up.
    The new shifts are 12 hours long nights and days 6 to 6. After the round trip it takes away my time where I usually trained.
    So the new pattern I am facing is literally 3 days in a row each week where I am off work and can train/give 100%.
    So I have been doing legs on day 1, push day 2 and pull day 3.
    I am wanting to commit to a programme but most have a rest day in between each session and as much as I could go to the gym if I have worked nights I feel jet lagged and after days I have zero energy at all as my work is quite physical.
    Has anybody been in a similar situation or got any fresh ideas to throw at me?

Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000) Sherniee is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sounds real tough, but yea PPL should work. You just have to cram an entire week of volume.

got any fresh ideas to throw at me?
    Your best bet is to just do it and adjust. If you're doing so much per-session volume that your pump leaves you mid workout then that might be a sign that you should do 3 x fullbody or do AM & PM sessions, however still best to adjust after you've done at least 1 cycle.

I wanna say 3 x fullbody might be theoretically still better, but if you're going to do high effort BB compounds on all 3 days then you may run into the same issues anyway.
    ACE CPT

6'0
    Starting weight 304lbs
    Current weight 176lbs

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, 12 hour shifts really suck, especially when you throw in commutes and what not.

Best bet is to get up and try to get a quick workout out before your shift, that way its done and over with and you dont have to worry about it later, and it wont impact your sleep.

best ofluck.

Thank you for the replies.
    Its definitely an eye opener.
    I had it so easy before when my work days were 8 hours, I would go before my day shift and after my night shifts with plenty in the tank to achieve my goals.
    These 12 hours suck the life out of you.
    When its 3 days in a row I can go at it 100% with the push pull leg split but in the back of my mind I'm thinking am I doing enough to force change. I guess only time will tell.
    I do like the idea of am/pm sessions though as usually when I go to the gym on my day off its 9am or earlier.
    I suppose time will tell.
    Again thank you

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Beavertown View Post
    Thank you for the replies.
    Its definitely an eye opener.
    I had it so easy before when my work days were 8 hours, I would go before my day shift and after my night shifts with plenty in the tank to achieve my goals.
    These 12 hours suck the life out of you.
    When its 3 days in a row I can go at it 100% with the push pull leg split but in the back of my mind I'm thinking am I doing enough to force change. I guess only time will tell.
    I do like the idea of am/pm sessions though as usually when I go to the gym on my day off its 9am or earlier.
    I suppose time will tell.
    Again thank you
    What is your exact work schedule?
    So-
    day1 work 12 hours
    day2 work 12 hours
    day 3 work 12 hours
    Day 4 rest
    day 5 rest
    day 6 rest
    day 7 again work 12 hours
    etc.
    Right?
    bench press 165 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    overhead press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Yes thats the one rinse and repeat lol
    4x 12hr days 6am to 6pm
    3 off
    4x12hr nights 6pm to 6am
    3 off