SolusRex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Correcting back issues - exercises vs stretches

Hey all, first time poster. Hopefully I'm doing this right.

I’ve decided to alter my workouts from a fairly casual routine to a much more rigorous and focused approach. Previously, I was going to the gym about five days a week and lifting for around 30-45 minutes, then doing cardio for anywhere from 30-60 minutes. The last few months, my depression kinda got the best of me and I fell out of routine (my insurance changed when my company got bought out, and I could no longer go to my psychiatrist and get antidepressants). 

Now I’m back to a routine, eating more protein and correcting my diet. I want to kick it into high gear, though, and I have some questions:

• First of all, my last are a problem that I’ve been ignoring for too long. For whatever reason, my right side seems “thicker,” and it’s pretty noticeable. My right shoulder is also lower when I stand up straight. I’ve read that this could be remedied to some degree by stretching the muscles to “lengthen” them a bit. My question is this: how much should I focus on stretching them, and should I focus on stretching the right one more? For that matter, how long does it take to see results for that sort of thing?
    Also, should I be isolating my left side more with something like dumbbell rows to balance it out?

•Secondly, another problem I'm looking to correct is that my shoulders tend to roll forward. (Yeah, a lot of posture stuff to address here.) I'm working on monitoring how I sit and everything, but I'm looking for some more help like with the previous question: what measures can I take to more aggressively address this? Specifically, other than trying to correct my sitting posture, is this something that requires specific exercises to strengthen any muscles? Alternately—or additionally—what kind of stretches should I do? Is it a matter of muscular tightness or weakness?

• Finally, I've been trying to focus on form much, much more. To my dismay, this has caused me to reduce a lot of my weights to 20% less of where they were once at, but I'm much more conscientious of making sure to isolate the muscles and not have any sympathetic assistance from non-targeted muscles. Unfortunately, I still seem to have my shoulders and anterior delts attempting to get involved. Do I need to drop more weight, or is my form still crummy? Or is it both?

If you read through all this, thanks! I'm not quite a newbie, but in a sense I may as well be, considering how I'm trying to rebuild my routine. To (lazily) quote Nietzsche: "You must be ready to burn yourself in your own flame; how could you become new, if you had not first become ashes?”

strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000) strenffgains is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you drop the weight lower do your shoulders and delt still try to carry some of the burden? You are switching up how your body is used to doing something, it will take time and practice to get the form perfect.
    180 lb crew
    Take chit and pis 165lb crew
    Go to bed, wake up 173lb crew
    Annoyed at eating whatever I want and not getting fat crew
    Accidentally get fat crew
    Back to 175lb the next day crew