hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)

No pain while lifting

I have read that one should not work out through the pain or it could lead to serious injury. I have some minor discomforts in my left elbow and right shoulder, but it doesn’t hurt while I’m bench pressing, curling, or whatever the case may be. I will notice it just in my everyday activities from time to time, and it’s never constant. The other day, I swung my arm back to put my coat on and notice a thing in the shoulder. Even when i do notice it, it’s not a horrible pain. From what I read, the biggie with shoulders is rotator cuff injury, but i don’t seem to have the symptoms of that. So, if it doesn’t hurt when I’m actually working out, does that mean my exercises aren’t aggravating it? Does that mean it’s more minor and nothing serious? What’s going on? Thanks.
    Last edited by hulkfan; 11-10-2019 at 09:08 AM.

armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500) armies is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just take a week off

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Below is what I try to follow

If it hurts stop doing it and check your form.

If it don’t hurt keep doing it.

I have shoulder issues and I work through discomfort if it’s 3/10 pain. Anything above I stop and move on to the next exercise
    **^^ gone ^^**

hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50) hulkfan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Below is what I try to follow

If it hurts stop doing it and check your form.

If it don’t hurt keep doing it.

I have shoulder issues and I work through discomfort if it’s 3/10 pain. Anything above I stop and move on to the next exercise
    How long have you been lifting with shoulder issues? I assume it hasn’t gotten worse.

TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TryingBB has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hulkfan View Post
    How long have you been lifting with shoulder issues? I assume it hasn’t gotten worse.
    I got the issue in 2001 - I was not serious at that time. I quit.

Got back in the gym a few months ago and due to bad bench press form (flaring elbows), it came back. Or rather, my shoulder always had the issue probably all these years. I started doing rehab work and strengthening exercises and it got better. It keeps coming and going

I have been lifting seriously only a couple months though. Right now have it for last 3 weeks or so but it’s getting better. On bench press I never push through sharp pain. If it’s dull, I should not but I do push through. I don’t consider that rep as a rep because more than likely I felt it in my shoulder cuz chest was not doing it’s job.
    **^^ gone ^^**

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got back in the gym a few months ago and due to bad bench press form (flaring elbows),
    i flare out on purpose. It activates the chest better, but it puts a strain on your shoulders. You have to have good mobility for it.
    Definitely don't recommend it if it causes you injury though.

I would simply lift if you don't feel pain. But if you do something and you feel that stabbing pain or something that doesn't feel normal, quit immediately.
    If you ever have a bad injury like snap city, go home immediately. No need to finish the set or other exercises.

It's important to always spend some time stretching at the end of your work out and to work on your flexibility.
    You don't want to become muscle bound.
    Also spend some extra time warming up the shoulders before you start any exercise.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

I got the issue in 2001 - I was not serious at that time. I quit.

Got back in the gym a few months ago and due to bad bench press form (flaring elbows), it came back. Or rather, my shoulder always had the issue probably all these years. I started doing rehab work and strengthening exercises and it got better. It keeps coming and going

I have been lifting seriously only a couple months though. Right now have it for last 3 weeks or so but it’s getting better. On bench press I never push through sharp pain. If it’s dull, I should not but I do push through. I don’t consider that rep as a rep because more than likely I felt it in my shoulder cuz chest was not doing it’s job.
    I can relate to you in a sense that I’ve only been lifting again for a few months. That’s why I’m sure my issues are related to lifting because I didn’t have them before, but I find it odd that I don’t have pain during the lifting.

I can relate to you in a sense that I’ve only been lifting again for a few months. That’s why I’m sure my issues are related to lifting because I didn’t have them before, but I find it odd that I don’t have pain during the lifting.
    Maybe you’re going too heavy too fast.

When I’m working out, since I’ve warmed up and have had some sets in, probably lubricates the joints and tendons (some fluid can’t remember the name), and I don’t feel any discomfort and slight if any. (Compared to before I got to the gym).

So in short that’s cuz you’re warmed up
    **^^ gone ^^**

Of course, there are many YouTube videos that claim to have exercise that will “fix” shoulder and elbow pain, and they don’t seem like people just off the street. They are often OT and PT. Has anyone discovered any of these exercises that actually help? If so, which ones?

Of course, there are many YouTube videos that claim to have exercise that will “fix” shoulder and elbow pain, and they don’t seem like people just off the street. They are often OT and PT. Has anyone discovered any of these exercises that actually help? If so, which ones?

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/globalass...b_shoulder.pdf

I should do these myself but they take an hour to do. I did these for a couple weeks as the document says (it tells you the frequency), my shoulder was literally painless. Was just like the other shoulder. I should take out time and do this even now. I do a subset once a week. When I did them for a couple weeks, I took Advil for 3 days - like one pill in AM and one in PM.

For elbow, sometimes you just have to rest.
    https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/globalass...b_shoulder.pdf
    **^^ gone ^^**