zx5raj2xz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What should I do for my physique/Stubborn Areas? Cut/Bulk? Advice Needed

Hi everyone, so I am a 6ft 2 male, and 20 years old. I used to be very overweight for all my life, my heaviest being around 250 pounds.. in May 2018 I started intermittent fasting and lost a lot of weight through it, which is good, and since the weight loss, I still have some problem areas that I don’t know are fat or skin. I have pictures to show, but as of right now, I weigh around 173 or so pounds, and I’m thin everywhere except my lower back, sides (handles) and stomach. I want peoples opinion on what is the best option for me. Should I cut more into the 160s or bulk? The only thing about bulking that puts me off is that I may build muscle but then this stomach area will still look like crap, I want to have that straight look, and does my stomach have fat that I can loose? I do want a 6-pack one day, is that ever attainable for me? and I don’t think it’s my hips width because when I lie down my torso is straight and when standing, if I pull the fat back, my sides are straight.

Thank You so much for your thoughts
    Attached Images

matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50) matthewm1991 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Firstly well done on losing so much weight, but I don't think you need to cut any further given your pics and the weight you are now (you would probably now be classed as "skinny fat"). Start bulking in a 200-300 calorie surplus and hit the weights hard. Given your height you could even put on around 20-25 pounds (half being muscle, half fat, if you bulk correctly) and still be in a perfectly healthy weight range. Also have you ever lifted weights before? If not then you probably don't even need to actually "bulk" - just start lifting and eat well.

reallyibra is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    id say if you havent lifted any weights before and had a good weight lifting plan then start eating maintenance calories and lift weights hard and you will enter something called body recomp where you lose fat and gain muscle all at once. but that only happens to people who are NEW to weight lifting or people who took a good break from weight lifting. GL and congrats on the weight loss

exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Read the stickies first, that's the best advice anyone can give you.

Start upping your protein and stay consistent with your calories.

Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Donnie786 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by zx5raj2xz View Post
    Hi everyone, so I am a 6ft 2 male, and 20 years old. I used to be very overweight for all my life, my heaviest being around 250 pounds.. in May 2018 I started intermittent fasting and lost a lot of weight through it, which is good, and since the weight loss, I still have some problem areas that I don’t know are fat or skin. I have pictures to show, but as of right now, I weigh around 173 or so pounds, and I’m thin everywhere except my lower back, sides (handles) and stomach. I want peoples opinion on what is the best option for me. Should I cut more into the 160s or bulk? The only thing about bulking that puts me off is that I may build muscle but then this stomach area will still look like crap, I want to have that straight look, and does my stomach have fat that I can loose? I do want a 6-pack one day, is that ever attainable for me? and I don’t think it’s my hips width because when I lie down my torso is straight and when standing, if I pull the fat back, my sides are straight.

Thank You so much for your thoughts

I would Shread to 70 KG. then clean bulk. You got to much fat. Try do HIIT.( insanity ) Eat clean food. + lift weight. 3 times a week + HITT 3 times a week and slow cardio 2 times a week. GO IN!!!!

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Donnie786 View Post
    I would Shread to 70 KG. then clean bulk. You got to much fat. Try do HIIT.( insanity ) Eat clean food. + lift weight. 3 times a week + HITT 3 times a week and slow cardio 2 times a week. GO IN!!!!
    Not sure this is the best advice - he is already at a healthy weight and body fat level. Judging by the pics I would say OP has a bit of loose skin from the weight loss and that building muscle should now be his primary goal. Cardio is optional, resistance training is essential.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181179323&p=1658333353#post1658333353

Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 79.3kg (175lb)

Personal best lifts
    Bench - 6 x 65kg (143lb), 8 x 62.5kg (138lb)
    Bent Over Row - 10 x 70kg (154lb)
    Front squat - 5 x 67.5kg (149lb)
    Back squat - 1 x 95kg (209lb), 8 x 77.5kg (171lb)
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)
    Deadlift - 6 x 107.5kg (237lb)
    Overhead Press - 6 x 40kg (88lb)
    Chin Ups - 7 x bodyweight + 12.5kg (27.5lb), 14 x b.weight

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Not sure this is the best advice - he is already at a healthy weight and body fat level. Judging by the pics I would say OP has a bit of loose skin from the weight loss and that building muscle should now be his primary goal. Cardio is optional, resistance training is essential.
    This is the answer.

Have you been weight training if not you need to start now and eat at small caloric surplus above maintenance (around 300 calories). As for weight training program you can follow any really as long as they hit muscle groups 2-3X a week I personally advise you follow Fierce 5 here is the link (simply because it explains everything you need):-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2916931&page=1

Just do as the program states and progressively get stronger I advise you stick to full body until you can no longer progress. As for nutrition here is all the info you need:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

And ditch the IF that won't help muscle growth.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    ^^^^ This.

Emphasis should always be on strength training over cardio.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.