Thread: Good Genes?

Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bobbycoldcuts has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Good Genes?

So I've only really been hardcore lifting for 2 months (started to help motivate my mom who's made great progess as well) about a week in I got kind of bored of the treadmill so decided to start hitting the weights and hitting them hard and I've leaned out alot. Went from 162.3 pounds on the 7th of September to now I am 152.5 pounds on the 9th of November and I'm trying to eat big to gain some mass. But the main question I wanted to ask is if my genetics are really good or is it just hard work to go from a greasy lard ass to pretty lean? I work out 5 times a week doing hardcore cardio one of those days and I lift some at home. I don't seem to get too sore at all either.
    Im 5 7.3" and 15 and 10 months old and I drink lots of protein and healthy foods such as bananas,avocados,steak,eggs, and milk daily and use creatine about once every 2 work outs. As of now, my biceps measure 14.2 flexxed

The before and after pictures are on my profile (can't post links)

TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bobbycoldcuts View Post
    So I've only really been hardcore lifting for 2 months (started to help motivate my mom who's made great progess as well) about a week in I got kind of bored of the treadmill so decided to start hitting the weights and hitting them hard and I've leaned out alot. Went from 162.3 pounds on the 7th of September to now I am 152.5 pounds on the 9th of November and I'm trying to eat big to gain some mass. But the main question I wanted to ask is if my genetics are really good or is it just hard work to go from a greasy lard ass to pretty lean? I work out 5 times a week doing hardcore cardio one of those days and I lift some at home. I don't seem to get too sore at all either.
    Im 5 7.3" and 15 and 10 months old and I drink lots of protein and healthy foods such as bananas,avocados,steak,eggs, and milk daily and use creatine about once every 2 work outs. As of now, my biceps measure 14.2 flexxed

The before and after pictures are on my profile (can't post links)
    Good progress and good physique, especially for 15. Well done! You dropped 10 pounds in about 8 weeks, which is a good rate of fat loss. It definitely made a difference. And nice job motivating your mum, I did a similar thing with my parents too.

Your genetics seem to be decent, but they’re not that special. If you want to see examples of great genetics, look up pictures of Steve Reeves and Arnold Schwarzenegger when they were 16 or so. Although to be honest you’ve got a very good base too. Lean, good muscle definition, decent bone structure - you could do a lot worse!

That being said, genetics shouldn’t stand in your way. Not everyone can build a FANTASTIC, Mr. Olympia physique, but anyone can build a GOOD physique, regardless of genetics. Keep working hard and you’ll see more results.

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good results for two months but I think it's too early to say if you have good genetics.
    Continue lifting and eating well and we will see. You can well afford a prolonged bulk period now.

exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Looking great for being 15, your prime years, give it all you got mate.