Thread: cooling device

arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cooling device

Hi all. I checked the clothing section and did not find what I am looking for.

Issue:
    not making it through one hour workout due to heat exhaustion

Background:
    I have taken fluvoxamine for a decade and one of the side effects is quick heat exhaustion. I started working out in February and have trouble making it through an hour routine. My trainer breaks it down as much as he can to try and make sure I finish the workout but sometimes that just doesn't help. It takes a few hours to recover once I hit that heat exhaustion point, as any standard heat exhaustion does.

The workouts generally consist of core warm-up and then weights. Some days it is treadmill and core/resistance.

Expected resolution:
    Not telling me I need to work out more, harder, or shorter to *build* against heat exhaustion. The problem is medically induced and I have no plans of changing my medicine as hard as it is to find a working combination. Giving information about working out in a different manner will be great.

A cooling device such as a shirt or vest that can keep my core temperature down.

I'd prefer not to get soaked when wearing it, but being damp'ish will not be an issue. There may also be some regular workout clothing that you all will recommend.

Thanks

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have this issue why is the trainer having you do one hour workouts? If you cant get a decent workout in around 45 minutes, find a PT who can.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by arktex54 View Post
    The workouts generally consist of core warm-up and then weights. Some days it is treadmill and core/resistance.
    This is just a general overview. What are you actually doing?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) arktex54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    If you have this issue why is the trainer having you do one hour workouts? If you cant get a decent workout in around 45 minutes, find a PT who can.
    Because that is what the company requires while they are paying him $60/hr per person - 1 hour - not 45 minutes. And they're getting pissy about it.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    This is just a general overview. What are you actually doing?
    It's different stuff every day... upper body one day, lower body one day, total body some days. Some days cable machines and some days free weights.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Issue:

Background:
    I have taken fluvoxamine for a decade and one of the side effects is quick heat exhaustion. I started working out in February and have trouble making it through an hour routine. My trainer breaks it down as much as he can to try and make sure I finish the workout but sometimes that just doesn't help. It takes a few hours to recover once I hit that heat exhaustion point, as any standard heat exhaustion does.

Expected resolution:
    Not telling me I need to work out more, harder, or shorter to *build* against heat exhaustion. The problem is medically induced and I have no plans of changing my medicine as hard as it is to find a working combination. Giving information about working out in a different manner will be great.

A cooling device such as a shirt or vest that can keep my core temperature down.

I'd prefer not to get soaked when wearing it, but being damp'ish will not be an issue. There may also be some regular workout clothing that you all will recommend.

Thanks
    Try ice packs, on your wrists (main arteries), back of neck, chest, forehead and temples. They'll cool your skin temperature down much better than cooling towels from Bath Bed and Beyond...or even Dicks Sports Goods. But you can try those "moisture- wicking cool technology" athletic gear from Dicks that is so popular now. You'll still feel hot, fatigued and become exhausted faster, especially in a gym that doesn't use AC for their members...or has a poor air ventilation system. Talk to the GM, with the support of your trainer. If they value your business, as well as their many members whose performance is negatively affected by the stifling humidity, then they'll put on more AC!!

In the meantime, use the ice packs in between sets, stay well- hydrated before AND during training and stop if you feel dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, as if you're losing balance or coordination, blurred vision, etc..Your trainer, I'm sure, is carefully monitoring your progress, performance, form, asking your feedback and making appropriate modifications and/or adjustments....

You can still push yourself. Don't give up. Just know your limits and work around them, with the experience and guidance of your trainer. You will still progress! Best of luck to you
    Last edited by etet1919; 11-10-2019 at 03:32 AM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Because that is what the company requires while they are paying him $60/hr per person - 1 hour - not 45 minutes. And they're getting pissy about it.
    Find another company/trainer, one that actually meets your requirements and not neithers. Dont be such a sheep.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Issue:

Background:

Expected resolution:

Thanks
    #1 is drink cold water.

EDIT: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, I never run without this:
    Last edited by supramax; 11-10-2019 at 08:58 AM.

Originally Posted by etet1919 View Post
    Try ice packs, on your wrists (main arteries), back of neck, chest, forehead and temples. They'll cool your skin temperature down much better than cooling towels from Bath Bed and Beyond...or even Dicks Sports Goods. But you can try those "moisture- wicking cool technology" athletic gear from Dicks that is so popular now. You'll still feel hot, fatigued and become exhausted faster, especially in a gym that doesn't use AC for their members...or has a poor air ventilation system. Talk to the GM, with the support of your trainer. If they value your business, as well as their many members whose performance is negatively affected by the stifling humidity, then they'll put on more AC!!

In the meantime, use the ice packs in between sets, stay well- hydrated before AND during training and stop if you feel dizzy, lightheaded, nauseous, as if you're losing balance or coordination, blurred vision, etc..Your trainer, I'm sure, is carefully monitoring your progress, performance, form, asking your feedback and making appropriate modifications and/or adjustments....

You can still push yourself. Don't give up. Just know your limits and work around them, with the experience and guidance of your trainer. You will still progress! Best of luck to you
    Thank you, etet1919!

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    #1 is drink cold water.

EDIT: Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, I never run without this: [cannot post image due to lack of posts]
    Thank you, supramax! I will try this and what etet1919 suggested.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Find another company/trainer, one that actually meets your requirements and not neithers. Dont be such a sheep.
    You want me to change a 115k job just to find another trainer? Have you lost your mind??

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's different stuff every day... upper body one day, lower body one day, total body some days. Some days cable machines and some days free weights.
    Can't give recommendations about "working out in a different manner" if you can't adequately describe what you are currently doing.

You want me to change a 115k job just to find another trainer? Have you lost your mind??
    Are you joined at the hips to this trainer because you're required to by your job?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

He doesn't mean the company you work for but the gym(company) you train at. If that trainer is being paid 60/hr(which sounds outrageous by most box gym standards) you must be paying a chitload per hour. For that kind of money you should be able to have some say in how long the workout lasts. If the trainer can't work around your needs then you should absolutely find another trainer. Also if you're "doing different stuff every day" that trainer sucks.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

^^^exactly.

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dumping excess heat is easy. You need two things: wet cotton shirt and pants and rapid air movement. Have fun blowing at you while you do your training, every gym has one. As clothes dry up a little, wet them again. It will cost you nothing to have these two elements arranged.