Thread: Help needed

mindfullp is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Help needed

Hi everyone! I have started my weightloss journey for over a year now, after years of being overweight and I have been the same weight since the beginning of the year (I am 114 pounds and my height is 5 foot 4).
    Right now I am not doing cardio and I am just focussing more on weightlifting (3 to 4x a week) my goal would be to have a flatter stomach which seems to be the hardest thing so far and just get more toned overall. Is there any pre-made program I could follow?
    I am so confused about how many reps I should do or how much weight I should lift.
    I have a recent photo in the attached files.

Thanks in advance
    Attached Images

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are not overweight and if your stomach gets any smaller, you will be concave. Eat more and continue to lift following a good program in order to build muscle. Fierce 5 is a good program.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Follow a good solid lifting routine built around the compound lifts - squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, chin ups.
    Eat to support strength goals and stop worrying so much about the reflection right now.
    Starting Strength would be a good starting point. There is even an app.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sqal is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Fierce 5 novice is another option. It's in the workout program stickies.

I think you look good in your pic if that's any consolation.

climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000) climbrunlift is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    Follow a good solid lifting routine built around the compound lifts - squat, deadlift, bench press, overhead press, chin ups.
    Eat to support strength goals and stop worrying so much about the reflection right now.
    Starting Strength would be a good starting point. There is even an app.
    This. Starting Strength is the best starting point IMO. Download the app and make it easy. Stronglifts is great as well, they're both about the same program except one is 3x5 while Stronglifts is 5x5. Eat like crazy as well. You need ALOT more muscle to fill out your frame. This will make your midsection look smaller as well. You're lean too so you don't need to worry much about fat gain. If I were you I'd just start following SS and bulking slowly until I gain at least 20 lbs, preferably 30.

Many women are afraid to eat and put on weight when it is usually the best thing they can do for their physiques, not to mention health. I have an easier time getting abs and flatter stomach now than when I was skinny like you. Lift heavy and eat alot (as healthy as you can) for at least 6 months and I'm sure you will be pleased with the results.
    Last edited by climbrunlift; 11-28-2019 at 08:51 AM.