Teyo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

is training legs only while having upper body injury a good idea?+couple of questions

alright hello everyone and thanks for trying to help

i have a trapezius injury,the injury is not too serious but i have to rest it so i cant weight lift using my upper body and i cant do body weight training and all those stuff

now since it takes alot of time to heal (im already rested for awhile aswell,so long time without proper training)
    i have decided to still gain something from my time being injured
    i decided to start sprinting and do some athletic training having a better running/leaping/stamina ability and etc.(if someone has suggestions as for some trainings for it it will be nice btw,because im still doing things kind of randomly rn)

now i wondered if its a good idea to train my legs at the gym for 3 days a week
    that means my legs gonna be trained and my upper body wouldn't it also means i cant at all do deadlifts and i cant squat either because i actually feel pain from the position my shoulder is in(although i haven't tried to test how front squats feel,idk if its a good idea to do them tho)

so my questions:

1.is it a good idea to train legs only?for 3 days per week,1 day or whatever.

2.if its fine is there a proper leg workout suggested?(cannot do stuff that have the traps involved)

3.im rested for awhile and i already lost some size although i still have some decent size on me,will sprinting ,training for stamina and doing athletic outside training while not training the upper body make my muscle loss faster?assuming i eat well and not losing/slightly losing weight

4.maybe a super dumb question but ill ask it anyway,
    is there some activity that gets the upper body to work somehow?asking it because sometimes i see runners for example that have a nice looking upper body and wondered maybe theres some activity i can do to still make my upper body work somehow
    or do they just legitimate train their upper body aswell,i know its abit dumb but i ask it anyway because maybe theres something i dont know.

thanks!

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Teyo32 View Post
    1.is it a good idea to train legs only?for 3 days per week,1 day or whatever.
    If that's all you can do, go for it. If you had a leg injury you prob wouldn't think twice about training just your upper body while your leg heals. But I imagine you can do some upper body training that avoids trap activation, just try to do very good form - maybe single arm tricep cable pushdowns (w/ no handle, just hold the little ball), concentration curls, etc.

2.if its fine is there a proper leg workout suggested?(cannot do stuff that have the traps involved
    You'd have to see what bothers your traps, but things that really involve only your lower body should be safe: leg press (machine if lifting plates bothers you), hamstring curls (seated instead of lying face down if you have that), seated calf raises, hip abduction machine, etc.

3.im rested for awhile and i already lost some size although i still have some decent size on me,will sprinting ,training for stamina and doing athletic outside training while not training the upper body make my muscle loss faster?assuming i eat well and not losing/slightly losing weight
    Depends, just eat enough and get a lot of protein - lack of working out upper body will have much more of an effect on muscle loss, so don't worry about it. Mentally it'd likely be good for you to channel it into some other workout, so do what you want for athletic conditioning. You'll be surprised how quickly the upper body will come back once you start lifting again.

4. ... is there some activity that gets the upper body to work somehow?asking it because sometimes i see runners for example that have a nice looking upper body and wondered maybe theres some activity i can do to still make my upper body work somehow
    or do they just legitimate train their upper body aswell
    Can't speak for anyone you've specifically seen, but it's likely they also work out upper body. It's rare, but there are weightlifters in existence that also like running.

Teyo32 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If that's all you can do, go for it. If you had a leg injury you prob wouldn't think twice about training just your upper body while your leg heals. But I imagine you can do some upper body training that avoids trap activation, just try to do very good form - maybe single arm tricep cable pushdowns (w/ no handle, just hold the little ball), concentration curls, etc.

You'd have to see what bothers your traps, but things that really involve only your lower body should be safe: leg press (machine if lifting plates bothers you), hamstring curls (seated instead of lying face down if you have that), seated calf raises, hip abduction machine, etc.

Depends, just eat enough and get a lot of protein - lack of working out upper body will have much more of an effect on muscle loss, so don't worry about it. Mentally it'd likely be good for you to channel it into some other workout, so do what you want for athletic conditioning. You'll be surprised how quickly the upper body will come back once you start lifting again.

Can't speak for anyone you've specifically seen, but it's likely they also work out upper body. It's rare, but there are weightlifters in existence that also like running.

thank you it helped me,

ill try to make the best from this scenario

thank you!