igorpnp13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I aim for a higher body fat ?

I've been working out for 1.5 years now, i am 1,70cm and got from 49 to 56kg with 7 % body fat, people tell me that I should get some more fat slike around 9 % while others say that there's no need.
    I already tried to bulk twice i the past but no sucess, i think this is just the way my body is.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Not necessarily. You can gain muscle without putting on a pile of fat. Some will come along with muscle when you bulk but you don't want to encourage it.

When you say you failed to bulk, what happened? Did you fail to gain any weight? Or did you gain weight but felt a lot of it was fat?

And did you get stronger in that time?

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy...mi-calculator/
    Assuming age 25 (don't know age but makes little difference anyway), male, Active, 170cm, 56Kg

your BMI is 19.3 which is at the lower end, but within the healthy range.
    People who are muscular tend to have higher BMI readings (it wasn't designed for bodybuilders), so actually being at the lower end of BMI range might mean you'd benefit from gaining some mass if you're a muscular person

As long as you are OK to drink milk... have you tried adding milk to your existing diet, by drinking a large glass of milk after each and every meal (3% or "full fat"), that is very good for people who want to gain weight
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted Monday Oct 28th @76.8, Nov 20th 74.7, target 69.x Kg.

Got some weight but i don't think that getting 4kg can be called bulk, after that it just stopped.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Just keep going then. Around 1-2 kg per month is fine as long as you are getting stronger and working hard in the gym.

Im turning 18 this month, my BMI is 19,5.
    Also, my body fat percentage is exacly 6.8%

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Just keep going then. Around 1-2 kg per month is fine as long as you are getting stronger and working hard in the gym.
    I feel Im getting stronger, my PRs are going up but people keep saying that I NEED fat

Originally Posted by igorpnp13 View Post
    I feel Im getting stronger, my PRs are going up but people keep saying that I NEED fat
    People are great at giving unqualified opinions. You need to gain weight but do it healthily.

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely people need fat, look at the positive relationship the body has with cholesterols and hormones (the ones I want to mention here might be against forum rules to discuss). Ultra low fat diets can cause problems.

But whether you need more fat than you get now... No idea. It's a totally different question than if people need fat.

Just have a sensible balanced healthy diet (it's not rocket science!) and eat MORE!
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted Monday Oct 28th @76.8, Nov 20th 74.7, target 69.x Kg.

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Im turning 18 this month, my BMI is 19,5.
    Also, my body fat percentage is exacly 6.8%
    I think you measured your% bf very inaccurately.
    But in any case, from the parameters of your body, you can understand that you are rather low-fat. Because hypercaloric diet is relevant for you.
    bench press 165 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    overhead press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Originally Posted by Oleg1975K View Post
    I think you measured your% bf very inaccurately.
    But in any case, from the parameters of your body, you can understand that you are rather low-fat. Because hypercaloric diet is relevant for you.
    I got the results at my gym Lab so it's hard for it to be wrong.
    Weight: 56,4kg
    Fat: 6,8%
    Fat Mass: 3,8kg
    Trunk:1kg
    Left and Right arm each one is 0,4kg
    Left and right leg each one is 1kg
    BMI:19,5

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I got the results at my gym Lab so it's hard for it to be wrong.
    Weight: 56,4kg
    Fat: 6,8%
    Fat Mass: 3,8kg
    Trunk:1kg
    Left and Right arm each one is 0,4kg
    Left and right leg each one is 1kg
    BMI:19,5
    You may have a very accurate sports lab. Only 6-7% bf is the level of a competitive bodybuilder such as Frank Zane or Lee Haney. )))
    An occasion to think about "accuracy" ...
    bench press 165 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    overhead press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Unfortunately, the method used by most devices (BIA) is seriously flawed and you probably are not 7% - but I ignored that and gave you the answer you need given your height/weight/age stats. I suggest you ignore the reading from that device too.

Post a picture if you want but I would be shocked if the advice is different to what I've already said.