IrishRam is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whey after Alcohol

I am currently on a Calorie Deficit diet but also doing weights so I am making sure I get my advised protein of 1g per lb so in my case 180g. I am taking 3 portions of Whey a day to top up my protein intake to what it needs to be whilst staying within my calories. However n the weekend I like to have a few drinks, nothing major but 2 portions of my Whey will come just before and after drinking when I go to bed and wanted to check if this is okay or should I miss out on the Whey near drinking or have it all earlier in the day?

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your eating quite a bit of protein so you are probably fine

Although, I think you’re getting too much from whey and not enough from food. I hope you picked a good whey that is third party tested so you know the label is accurate.
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000) Kylehero is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post

Although, I think you’re getting too much from whey and not enough from food. I hope you picked a good whey that is third party tested so you know the label is accurate.
    My thoughts exactly as far as the over supplementation is concerned. I’d dial it back to 1 whey/ day and sub the other 2 servings/ portions with a high protein food source. Your wallet will thank you.
    Controlled Labs- White Flash Log

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175716801

Cheers, totally new to this so when you say I am eating quite a bit of protein so I should be okay what do you mean. Does the alcohol reduce the protein effect in some way but because of the amount I am having I will still be okay?

Yeah I have only started this new regime in the last couple of weeks so rather than lose out I am making sure my protein is topped up by Whey whilst I sort my diet out and try and eat more foods with more protein etc.

How would I know as don't know much about Wheys. It is Optimum Gold Standard Whey if that makes any difference

Originally Posted by Kylehero View Post
    My thoughts exactly as far as the over supplementation is concerned. I’d dial it back to 1 whey/ day and sub the other 2 servings/ portions with a high protein food source. Your wallet will thank you.
    Yeah that is my plan once I can sort my daily food out which I plan to do this weekend

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IrishRam View Post
    Cheers, totally new to this so when you say I am eating quite a bit of protein so I should be okay what do you mean. Does the alcohol reduce the protein effect in some way but because of the amount I am having I will still be okay?

Yeah I have only started this new regime in the last couple of weeks so rather than lose out I am making sure my protein is topped up by Whey whilst I sort my diet out and try and eat more foods with more protein etc.

How would I know as don't know much about Wheys. It is Optimum Gold Standard Whey if that makes any difference
    Alcohol only really in mass excess could prevent absorption but at that point your pancreas is probably having issues and are pre diabetic from alcoholism

I wouldn’t be overly worried about 1-3 drinks on the weekend, personally I would pull the cals from your carb Marcos, because it’s more important to get protein in and alcohol most closely resembles sugar to the body raising insulin levels and greatly can affect the pancreas.

Yet again, at 180 grams of protein a day depending on your stats and exercise level, should be more than enough most people don’t NEED more than 150 grams for muscle growth/ body function. And only 2 days a week won’t throw off your macro average per week over all.

Stop over thinking it and just fit it into your macros
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Alcohol only really in mass excess could prevent absorption but at that point your pancreas is probably having issues and are pre diabetic from alcoholism

I wouldn’t be overly worried about 1-3 drinks on the weekend, personally I would pull the cals from your carb Marcos, because it’s more important to get protein in and alcohol most closely resembles sugar to the body raising insulin levels and greatly can affect the pancreas.

Yet again, at 180 grams of protein a day depending on your stats and exercise level, should be more than enough most people don’t NEED more than 150 grams for muscle growth/ body function. And only 2 days a week won’t throw off your macro average per week over all.

Stop over thinking it and just fit it into your macros
    Cheers and that makes sense.

Plus it is good to overthink things as then I come on here and have you experts like you bunch setting me straight

Thanks All!!!

RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000) RapidFail is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Kylehero View Post
    While I agree that getting more of your protein from food is a good idea, per gram of protein, whey is one of the cheapest sources, if not the cheapest.
    Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 78.0kg (172b)

Current working weights:
    Bench - 10 x 45kg (99lb), 5 x 52.5kg (116lb)
    Front squat - 8 x 52.5kg (116lb)
    Back squat - 5 x 60kg (132lb)
    RDL - 8 x 72.5kg (160lb)
    Deadlift - 5 x 80kg (176lb)
    Push Press - 8 x 42.5kg (94lb)