dubscheckum is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Would this work?

Hey guys first time poster here. I got a question.

It's been said that it is optimal to train a body-part twice a week. Most people who train each body-part twice a week tend to do a Upper/Lower or PPL split. I wanted to know if anyone has tried a routine that goes something like this... If so, did you like it, how did it work for you?

Day 1: Upper body
    Day 2: Lower body
    Day 3: Break
    Day 4: Push
    Day 5: Pull
    Day 6: Legs
    Day 7: Break

Also, additional question for people who do calisthenics - would this be a good workout routine? (doing upper/lower with bodyweight/weighted bodyweight exercises then PPL with weights)

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just about any split can be great or they can be horrible. It depends on how intelligently they are designed.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There are lots of ways to manage 2x a week per bodypart.

I don't like mixing shoulders and chest because of the tricep and anterior delt crossover. Similar story with quad and posterior chain dominant lower body work.

This was my solution:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1586169511

The principle behind this is that for each bodypart:
    Day 1: do a main compound
    Day 2: do accessories
    Day 3: rest
    (repeat)

The various bodyparts are mixed in at different points of this 3 day cycle.

Observe how chest and shoulder work interlock for example. You use triceps two days in a row then rest them 1 day. Similar story for squats vs. posterior chain.