Alexlarex is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Do I need maximal strength for performance?

I am a soccer player and I trained for maximal strength for months and improved my weights a lot. But I didn’t see so many improvements until I started to train for hypertrophy: I’m better at contact, I have more balance, I’m faster, and I can apply more force to the ground for first step or changing direction, and for shooting; and I know more muscle prevents injuries in hamstrings for example. The only one thing I didn’t improve was my vertical jump but I don’t need it as much as the other things. Now I have enough hypertrophy I don’t know if training to mantain in hypertrophy range or in strength training range (4-5 reps) to keep getting better at strength, which I don’t know if it would help me or not. So, is it only some muscle mass that I need? Or should I train for strength now? For sure, I want to mantain my gains in muscle

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maximal strength with barbell training is a very specific skill. As far as soccer goes, you're not training hypertrophy as much as you're generalizing your barbell training.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Maximal strength with barbell training is a very specific skill. As far as soccer goes, you're not training hypertrophy as much as you're generalizing your barbell training.
    So what should I do? I’ve been doing Squats, RDL, Lunges and Hip Thrust for Leg Day. Now I’m planning to do Full Body 2/3 days a week but I don’t know what range to train in

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Alexlarex View Post
    I am a soccer player and I trained for maximal strength for months and improved my weights a lot. But I didn’t see so many improvements until I started to train for hypertrophy: I’m better at contact, I have more balance, I’m faster, and I can apply more force to the ground for first step or changing direction, and for shooting; and I know more muscle prevents injuries in hamstrings for example. The only one thing I didn’t improve was my vertical jump but I don’t need it as much as the other things. Now I have enough hypertrophy I don’t know if training to mantain in hypertrophy range or in strength training range (4-5 reps) to keep getting better at strength, which I don’t know if it would help me or not. So, is it only some muscle mass that I need? Or should I train for strength now? For sure, I want to mantain my gains in muscle
    Do you use plyometric training?
    The "explosive power" skill also needs to be trained.
    Then your lower body hypertrophy transforms into a good jump.
    bench press 165 kgx1, 125 kgx13, 100 kgх24
    overhead press 100 kgx1, 82,5 kg 4 sets х 5 reps
    deadlift 230 kgx1, 200 kgx4, 190 kg 3 sets x 5 reps
    raw squat 180 kgx1, 150 kg 5x5
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

Originally Posted by Oleg1975K View Post
    Do you use plyometric training?
    The "explosive power" skill also needs to be trained.
    Then your lower body hypertrophy transforms into a good jump.
    Yes! I do plyometrics too. But much more horizontal and lateral than vertical.

Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Oleg1975K is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    So start making vertical ones.
    What you train is what you get.
    Principle of load specificity ...
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're strength training because you enjoy it, just keep going.

If you're only doing all this to improve soccer, Google how to best improve soccer as you might just be doing all the wrong stuff?
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Diet restarted Monday Oct 28th @76.8, Nov 20th 74.7, target 69.x Kg.

As far as I remember, the initial 5x5 Bill Star was for football players.
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps

I started by doing that, I got great results on the weights, but not too much in the field. Why do athletes train less than 6 reps? I got all the results in performance with hypertrophy ranges. Should I switch to strength or should I mantain my mass with less volume?

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes (although there are several Bill Starr programs/variations) And Starting Strength too - but that's American football not soccer football. I believe impact sports like American football, rugby, etc benefit more than soccer for a bit more muscle/strength?

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Yes (although there are several Bill Starr programs/variations) And Starting Strength too - but that's American football not soccer football. I believe impact sports like American football, rugby, etc benefit more than soccer for a bit more muscle/strength?
    So wouldn I have any benefit in training with low reps? Soccer players don’t need as much muscle as a football player but we need some, and I had benefits by gaining mass. I don’t know what to do now that I have enough hypertrophy.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    I apologize, Google missed the word about soccer in translation. Of course, the maximum size will only interfere with such a football player. Although sprinting qualities (and this is also a kind of manifestation of strength) are necessary. And resistance to acidification in the muscles of the legs is necessary, because the time lasts 45 minutes.
    Judging by the interest of a top-starter in a vertical jump, he is a goalkeeper. I guessed? )))
    chin-ups +25 kg x10 reps