TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000) TheSandHusky is just really nice. (+1000)

Deadlifts murder my lower back... temporarily

So I've gone through plenty of posts and articles on DLs and lower back pain, but none seem to address this sort of pain.

In my program I do 4 ramping sets of 5 on the DL. Most weeks the final set will be a new 5 rep PR, so we are taking relatively very heavy weight. When I DL, my lower back gets sorer as I increase the weight, starting from the 1st easy set. It's not a "twinge" but it's almost burning? Similar to a lactic acid build up... Kind of the same sensation you'll get in your core from planks. During the sets it's not really present, or certainly not enough to slow me down, but shortly after that final set finishes my lower back is on fire. Yesterday while racking the weights I could barley stand it was hurting so much, I finally sat down for LAT pulldowns. By the time I was done with the pulldowns my lower back felt fine, and the next day I woke up w/ no issues.

This has more or less been happening every time I deadlift for the past few months: extreme lower back soreness after the DL that goes away within 10 minutes... until the next DL session. FWIW for warm ups I foam roll and go through a ~5 minute series of 10 dynamic stretches from an Athlean X video, but I don't do anything DL specific. I go squats --> OHP --> then right into the deads (will start w/ 135, then do my 4 sets).

How concerned should I be? On one hand, I always feel fine 10 minutes later and the next day... but it seems to be a very abnormal experience, and I wonder if I'm just chipping away at my lower back and it's a ticking time bomb before I legitimately injure it.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    same thoughts here, interested in answers

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Burning can be a sign of nerve impingement, but that would usually only be unilateral.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Most likely a significant lower back pump + lactic acid. I have tried driving home while having that and it is brutal.