TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meal prep: health effects?

I'm wondering if there are any negative effects to eating the same combination of meals every day. For example, is there a risk of developing a deficiency of a certain micronutrient? After all, since you're eating the same foods repeatedly, wouldn't any gaps in your daily intake become quite pronounced?

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TnkCmndrToo View Post
    I'm wondering if there are any negative effects to eating the same combination of meals every day. For example, is there a risk of developing a deficiency of a certain micronutrient? After all, since you're eating the same foods repeatedly, wouldn't any gaps in your daily intake become quite pronounced?
    Depends entirely on what you're eating and how long you eat the same thing....
    The power of carbs compels me!

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You answered your own question.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TnkCmndrToo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Depends entirely on what you're eating and how long you eat the same thing....
    Nothing dramatic like only crisps and chocolate bars for a year or something. I'm talking about just a standard meal prep plan, with mostly whole foods. Chicken breast, eggs, steak, whole wheat bread, pastas, a good daily dose of fruit/vegetables, etc. Different meals throughout the day, but the same daily eating plan, say for a month or two.

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    You answered your own question.
    Fair enough. Just wondering why people do meal prep at all if that's an issue. I suppose they just do it short-term, or take a bunch of supplements? I've never heard anyone mention the point before.

addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10) addonsix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well it happened to me with gluten. I don't have a scientific explanation, but I became gluten intolerant after eating pretty much the same food for years. Then I stopped it for a year and it went away.

Originally Posted by addonsix View Post
    Well it happened to me with gluten. I don't have a scientific explanation, but I became gluten intolerant after eating pretty much the same food for years. Then I stopped it for a year and it went away.
    That's exactly the sort of thing I'm worried about lol. What did your diet look like?

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you cut out certain nutrients your body may downregulate the enzymes needed to process them, leading to an intolerance.

If you eat the same thing every day, plug that diet into cronometer.com and you'll get some idea if you may be deficient in anything.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing dramatic like only crisps and chocolate bars for a year or something. I'm talking about just a standard meal prep plan, with mostly whole foods. Chicken breast, eggs, steak, whole wheat bread, pastas, a good daily dose of fruit/vegetables, etc. Different meals throughout the day, but the same daily eating plan, say for a month or two.

Fair enough. Just wondering why people do meal prep at all if that's an issue. I suppose they just do it short-term, or take a bunch of supplements? I've never heard anyone mention the point before.
    Because you meal prep in such a fashion that you give your body the needed (or close to) vitamins and minerals. Some fruit, a couple servings of leafy veggies and colorful veggies daily, meat, adequate dietary fat intake... pretty simple really. If you're taking in what i just listed there's really no reason to stress about individual vitamins. If you're worried, talk to a physician and get a blood test to identify any possible deficiencies.

Originally Posted by addonsix View Post
    You definitely don't have a scientific explanation because gluten intolerance/sensitivity doesn't exist. You either have Celiac or you do not.
    USAF
    LEO

Operation Inherent Resolve ~ 2019

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    If you cut out certain nutrients your body may downregulate the enzymes needed to process them, leading to an intolerance.

If you eat the same thing every day, plug that diet into cronometer.com and you'll get some idea if you may be deficient in anything.
    Cool website, thanks. I'll check it out.