GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10) GonzaloSP is on a distinguished road. (+10)

More food more fat?

Hi,

Recently I started to track my meals, and based on the app I am using I am hitting only 50% of proteins and general calories that I should be getting. The issue is that I have around 15-18% of body fat, so I consume more calories (even within the suggested fats, carbs, etc.) I fear that I would put more fat on, is that the case?
    Last, I want to mention that I am in a plateau in terms of weight lifting. I can't lift heavier which I suspect is directly related to the food?

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GonzaloSP View Post
    Hi,

Recently I started to track my meals, and based on the app I am using I am hitting only 50% of proteins and general calories that I should be getting. The issue is that I have around 15-18% of body fat, so I consume more calories (even within the suggested fats, carbs, etc.) I fear that I would put more fat on, is that the case?
    Last, I want to mention that I am in a plateau in terms of weight lifting. I can't lift heavier which I suspect is directly related to the food?

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!
    What's your overall goal? Are you gaining or losing weight? You are indeed correct in worrying about your gym progression, that should arguably be one of your most valued measurements of progression.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PSBallard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Most apps are great for tracking, horrible for suggesting calories/macro splits. You need to find your maintenance calories first...

You could either eat that amount so your energy is normal and potentially recomp (not sure of your training history), add 300 calories to lean bulk (minimal fat gain), or cut calories (-500) to reduce body fat before going into a surplus.

It's your journey and you can make the decisions. Each person is different, some people are perfectly fine at certain levels of body fat while others are not. Personal preference.

I would suggest you take a look at all the stickies.
    Chicago, IL | IG: PhillipBallardFitness