portgasace1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My plans and goals to lose fat

Hey guys! My name is Panos and I'm 26 years old. I've been obesse my entire life. The maximum weight I ever reached was 115kg in high school (currently Im about 100kg) and Im 172cm tall. I've tried to do this before, but it didnt stick. Its been a few weeks that I decided to lose the fat (again) so I started eating to live instead of living to eat (drop my daily calories to 1300-1500 per day) and working out (for now, 3 times per week at the gym and maybe a few exercises at home). I think I should be around 35% body fat, so my goal right now is to drop to ~20% body fat and 80kg until end-Feb 2020, meaning I'm gonna try to do this "transformation" within 4 months. If I accomplish that, Im gonna try to drop to 15% body fat afterwards. If you have any advice on what I should do, if its even possible to achieve what I want, what workouts I should do, how many calories I should try for, etc. post it here.
    Im also gonna post a picture of me without a shirt on here and another one in end-Feb as an "extra-motivation" (fair warning about the pic!)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by portgasace1993; 11-06-2019 at 05:13 AM. Reason: forgot an important part

Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by portgasace1993 View Post
    Hey guys! My name is Panos and I'm 26 years old. I've been obesse my entire life. The maximum weight I ever reached was 115kg in high school (currently Im about 100kg) and Im 172cm tall. I've tried to do this before, but it didnt stick. Its been a few weeks that I decided to lose the fat (again) so I started eating to live instead of living to eat (drop my daily calories to 1300-1500 per day) and working out (for now, 3 times per week at the gym and maybe a few exercises at home). I think I should be around 35% body fat, so my goal right now is to drop to ~20% body fat and 80kg until end-Feb 2020, meaning I'm gonna try to do this "transformation" within 4 months. If I accomplish that, Im gonna try to drop to 15% body fat afterwards. If you have any advice on what I should do, if its even possible to achieve what I want, what workouts I should do, how many calories I should try for, etc. post it here.
    Im also gonna post a picture of me without a shirt on here and another one in end-Feb as an "extra-motivation" (fair warning about the pic!)
    Firstly All the very best for your transformation and hope you are successful.
    Going by the numbers, you are trying to reduce 20kgs (44 lbs) over 4 months or 2.75lbs per week. Based on my experience and research it is most optimal to be loosing 1-2lbs a month to preserve / build as much muscle you can. At a rate of ~3lbs a week you may have to keep a much higher deficit and end up loosing good portion of you muscle as well. You may want to extend the period from 4 months to over 5-6 months to achieve your goal.

Secondly, i would strongly advice on counting your calories and no eye balling your food. Calculate your TDEE (many available on the internet) and target to be around 400-500 calories under your TDEE. A 500 calorie deficit would mean you'd loose weight @1 lbs a week. Keep your protein at 1.8-2 gms during this time. It is recommended to be dieting on as many calories as you can to keep your metabolism high and keep you fueled during your work out.

hope this helps.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think you're better off doing 1600 calories a day. You have to ''stay hungry'' (no pun intended) and let your body say ''i can do this, i want to exercise more, i want more results etc.
    The worst thing someone can do is to do 1300 calories a day, be hungry all the time, get fed up with the diet and quit 2 weeks later.
    The key to weight loss is a calorie deficit and simply maintaining that deficit over a long period of time without giving up.

Do any work out that trains your muscle groups twice per week. Although that will be difficult with 3x a week gym.
    Keep protein intake around 1 gram per 0.45 kg bodyweight.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

portgasace1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Arun2904 View Post
    Firstly All the very best for your transformation and hope you are successful.
    Going by the numbers, you are trying to reduce 20kgs (44 lbs) over 4 months or 2.75lbs per week. Based on my experience and research it is most optimal to be loosing 1-2lbs a month to preserve / build as much muscle you can. At a rate of ~3lbs a week you may have to keep a much higher deficit and end up loosing good portion of you muscle as well. You may want to extend the period from 4 months to over 5-6 months to achieve your goal.

Secondly, i would strongly advice on counting your calories and no eye balling your food. Calculate your TDEE (many available on the internet) and target to be around 400-500 calories under your TDEE. A 500 calorie deficit would mean you'd loose weight @1 lbs a week. Keep your protein at 1.8-2 gms during this time. It is recommended to be dieting on as many calories as you can to keep your metabolism high and keep you fueled during your work out.

hope this helps.
    Hey! Thanks for your tips. I calculated tdee. The maintenance calories for someone with my numbers seems to be 2,750cal/day with moderate exercise (3-5 days a week). But this seems too high. Should I really try to reach 2250cal/day? Shouldnt I consume something "much" lower than that? Anyway, thanks for the info

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Everything is possible but as already written by other users, it will take more time.
    The no. 1 reason why people fail at losing weight is inconsistency, and trying extreme measures often leads to it.
    You need a sustainable lifestyle, i.e. a moderate calorie deficit and a light workout program to begin with. Do a full body 3 x week and walk on the treadmill as long as you can at the end of each workout.
    Read the sticky threads on the nutrition and workout sections and come back if you have specific questions.

Good luck with your journey.

Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Arun2904 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey! Thanks for your tips. I calculated tdee. The maintenance calories for someone with my numbers seems to be 2,750cal/day with moderate exercise (3-5 days a week). But this seems too high. Should I really try to reach 2250cal/day? Shouldnt I consume something "much" lower than that? Anyway, thanks for the info
    You are welcome. Try multiple sources to confirm your TDEE and if it comes to about 2,750 calories start with an intake of 2,250 with proper macros, protein being 1.8-2 gms per kg of bw. Fats about 60-70 gms and rest coming from carbs. Consistency is important. Stick to the diet for 2-3 weeks while measuring your weight daily (preferably in the same condition - mornings after poop). If your weekly average weight doesn't drop after 2-3 weeks lower your calories by 100-200 and stick to it from another 2-3 weeks. Keep doing this until you are happy with the progress. Hence, very important to start tracking calories.

W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000) W.I.N. is just really nice. (+1000)
    The more bodyfat you have the more you can lose per week without too much fat free mass loss, a good number would be about 1% of bodyweight per week so for you 1kg/week is fine for a more aggressive cut.

Having been 108kg at 1,70m cutting at only a 500kcal deficit can be pretty frustrating because you have a lot to lose, but so can cutting at such a huge deficit at 1300kcal/day because you might feel awful and more prone to fall off the wagon.

How much of a deficit you go for is a choice of what works for you while balancing these two factors but there's a limit, at 1300kcal you barely have room to fit nutrients after recommended protein and fat amounts. I recommend you start at around 1750kcal if you want to be more aggressive with your cut and adjust as you lose weight, since being lighter lowers your BMR. Maybe lower about 100kcal for every 10kg you lose ,but I wouldn't go below 1500kcal because by that point you'll be leaner and it'll be more difficult to hold on to your fat free mass.
    Brazilian Crew |<o>|
    Home Gym Crew
    Manlet Crew
    IIFYM Crew
    Username is an Acronym Crew

What's Important Now?