allenngn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

All abdominal exercises hurt lower back, what to do?

When I was 14, I messed up my back cuz I was stupid and misread some instructions and thought you were supposed to hyperextend your lower back (think extreme anterior pelvic tilt) to keep it safe during squats. Since then, every ab exercise hurts my lower back and makes my lower back get progressively worse. It really doesn't matter what part of the abs I target, upper abs, lower abs, obliques, they all aggravate my back. It doesn't matter what exercise I pick either: crunches, plank, leg raises, alligator walks, ab rollouts, L-sits, flutter kicks, sitting twists, cross crunches, pulse ups, mountain climbers, hollow holds, EVERYTHING hurts my lower back. Because of this, I haven't been able to work out my abs at all and give it a serious program to follow.

Has anybody dealt with anything similar? Did you just have to give up ab exercises forever? Have you found alternative exercises that didn't cause pain?

BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what does your Orthopedic Surgeon who works with athletes say?