rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)

bench more than i deadlift?

So long story short ive been lifting seriouslyish since mid summer and am using fierce 5 novice but I go 3.5 days a week instead of 3 just because more gains more money!!!!!

anyways my lifts are progressing but my problem is I cant RDL effectively without my grip giving out after like 6 reps so im stuck RDLing 125 even though im now benching 135 and squatting 225 for reps.

idk if RDL is different than normal deadlift but im 99% sure this aint adding up and my deadlift should be better so I want to start using straps but ive heard conflicting reports about whether beginners should use them or whether I should just stick it out and grow my grip strength over time. please help me I feel like ive been wasting so much time with RDL when if I bought straps for sure I could increase the weight and work my hamstrings better
    Trump 2020

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rexfrommex View Post
    So long story short ive been lifting seriouslyish since mid summer and am using fierce 5 novice but I go 3.5 days a week instead of 3 just because more gains more money!!!!!

anyways my lifts are progressing but my problem is I cant RDL effectively without my grip giving out after like 6 reps so im stuck RDLing 125 even though im now benching 135 and squatting 225 for reps.

idk if RDL is different than normal deadlift but im 99% sure this aint adding up and my deadlift should be better so I want to start using straps but ive heard conflicting reports about whether beginners should use them or whether I should just stick it out and grow my grip strength over time. please help me I feel like ive been wasting so much time with RDL when if I bought straps for sure I could increase the weight and work my hamstrings better
    Straps are fine. Though that is a very light weight for grip to give out, so you use chalk?
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Straps are fine. Though that is a very light weight for grip to give out, so you use chalk?

I lift at the student gym so no chalk, no slamming weights, no bumper plates only hex plates (((((

do you think I need to do farmers walks or another exercise to strengthen grip? I have skinny wrists so I know I need to do something but I don't want to deviate too far off of fierce 5 because other than this deadlift problem all my other lifts are going up good
    Trump 2020

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Don't use straps on the first set, then straps on the remaining sets. With practice you will learn how to loosen the straps a little so they help just enough to let you hold the bar, but you still work your forearms very hard. Especially since you train in a chalk free gym. Make sure you buy padded straps.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could add farmers walks or just do a hold after your working sets. 1 rep and just hold for time. Could also look into liquid chalk, its mess free so you should be able to use it in your gym.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

BigPapi215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

So three thoughts:

1. You should try exercising your grip strength if it's that big of a problem that you can't get past 135 without your grip being the biggest hinderance.
    2. Are you using an overhanded grip or mixed grip? Try one hand over and one hand under, that's so that you have an easier time keeping the bar from prying open your fingers.
    3. Gear like straps and belts are unnecessary for such a light weight because you want your body, especially the supporting muscles, to develop enough to get used to holding weight. Using this kind of gear on weak lifts stunts the support muscles development and further down the line, will probably increase the chances of injury.

Think about it like this: If I wear a belt at 135 and don't develop the core muscles needed to keep up 225, by the time i get to 225, your muscles are going to be weaker than they should be, won't be able to hold up the upper part of your body, and will probably fail you much sooner or cause your form to suffer and the likelihood of injury increases. The belt will only do a percentage of the work, your actual core will need to do the rest and eventually it won't be able to. Same thing with wrist straps.

BigPapi215 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I lift at the student gym so no chalk, no slamming weights, no bumper plates only hex plates (((((

do you think I need to do farmers walks or another exercise to strengthen grip? I have skinny wrists so I know I need to do something but I don't want to deviate too far off of fierce 5 because other than this deadlift problem all my other lifts are going up good
    Just buy a grip strengthener. They're super cheap, portable and convenient. I have one at my desk at work which i do 4 sets every day. I found my grip strength increased in a short period of time, and my forearms are noticeably more muscular since, and it's only been about a month. You can find them on Amazon for less than 20 dollars.

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Straps and chalk still work your grip. At your weak level the grip may still be the weak link.
    160 lbs and jacked is about as impressive as D cups on a 300lb woman

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BigPapi215 View Post
    So three thoughts:

1. You should try exercising your grip strength if it's that big of a problem that you can't get past 135 without your grip being the biggest hinderance.
    2. Are you using an overhanded grip or mixed grip? Try one hand over and one hand under, that's so that you have an easier time keeping the bar from prying open your fingers.
    3. Gear like straps and belts are unnecessary for such a light weight because you want your body, especially the supporting muscles, to develop enough to get used to holding weight. Using this kind of gear on weak lifts stunts the support muscles development and further down the line, will probably increase the chances of injury.

Think about it like this: If I wear a belt at 135 and don't develop the core muscles needed to keep up 225, by the time i get to 225, your muscles are going to be weaker than they should be, won't be able to hold up the upper part of your body, and will probably fail you much sooner or cause your form to suffer and the likelihood of injury increases. The belt will only do a percentage of the work, your actual core will need to do the rest and eventually it won't be able to. Same thing with wrist straps.
    3 is categorically false and a whole load of unsupported potentially harmful nocebo in regards to belts.
    debatable with straps too
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Millz12323 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To he fair though... RDL is an excersise that will become grip limited pretty quickly and A lot of folks will use straps for anything 70% or over. Of their Deadlift 1rm.

Get straps for your RDLs and figure out a way to train your grip. If you have a Chinup bar you can practice just hanging for a few sets every few days and work your way up to hanging with one hand.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 250x5
    Squat - 295x8, 355x1
    Deadlift - 415x11, 445x8 455x7, 475x5
    OHP - 145x9, 150x6, 170x 3, 180x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 180 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201

Yakery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What's always worked for me is just deadlifting, the more weight you go up the stronger you're grip, if you focus on your deadlift I'm sure it'll go up along with your grip strength perfectly. On the other hand using straps won't increase your grip too much, it is just a means to help for heavier weight and at your current deadlift it isn't necessary personally.
    OHP - 225
    B - 335
    S - 365
    D - 525