Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Low back pain from deadlifts

Low back DOMS and how do you deal with it? I'm taking today and tomorrow off from training, my low back is sore

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We'd have to see a video to be sure, but after 25 years in the gym seeing many different types of deadlift, I'd say there's a 99% likelihood that you are bent over too far, not hinging, and not utilizing any leg drive, placing the strain squarely on your low back. With proper form, the strain should be spread out across your hamstrings, hips, glutes, low back, upper back, quads, and arms.
    Last edited by DrewDarden; 11-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.
    1500 Total 560/370/570

"No one who was great shall be forgotten." Soren Kierkegaard

MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MBisonSon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    LMFAO at deadlifts.

I'm gonna give you some life advice Timmy: If it could potentially wreck your back, it's not worth it.

I honestly think most people are ignorant to just how big of a role their cores play in every day life.

You ruin your back or stomach, you will feel pain in just about everything you do.

BRB let me grab something out the cabinet, **** that kinda hurts, I never knew my core was involved in that.

Good way to prematurely ruin your quality of life.
    The billionaire and the beggar both have 24 hours in a day.

That's why grandma's apple pie rocks and yours sucks.

Reps owed: Expert701 (4)

GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GaloisTheory has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I quit doing deadlifts some time back but even when I did, I can't say I ever had lower back DOMS. Check your form, boyo.
    Physics crew

ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ChangeOfStyle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Going to agree with the others and say that it might be your form. Record yourself for how you do it and then post the video so people can actually see how your form is. If it really does hurt that bad, still have deadlifts in your workout but don't go so damn heavy, it still has a huge benefit to be in your regime.
    If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.

Stats;

Height: 5'10
    Weight: 75kg [165lb)

Bench: 100kgx3
    Squat: 110kgx4
    Deadlift: 140kgx1, 110kgx4

Discipline&Determination DstryEvrytng's Avatar
    DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DstryEvrytng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DrewDarden View Post
    We'd have to see a video to be sure, but after 25 years in the gym, I'd say there's a 99% likelihood that you are bent over too far, not hinging, and not utilizing any leg drive, placing the strain squarely on your low back. With proper form, the strain should be spread out across your hamstrings, hips, glutes, low back, upper back, quads, and arms.

1100% that.

My bet.
    He has no squat in the set up, ass comes up first right into a really crappy sldl.

Been there.
    Distal Biceps Tendon tear crew. (07/15/19)

FUK YOU SHORSEY!

superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by MBisonSon View Post
    LMFAO at deadlifts.

I'm gonna give you some life advice Timmy: If it could potentially wreck your back, it's not worth it.

I honestly think most people are ignorant to just how big of a role their cores play in every day life.

You ruin your back or stomach, you will feel pain in just about everything you do.

BRB let me grab something out the cabinet, **** that kinda hurts, I never knew my core was involved in that.

Wait a sec...you don't want dat dere 750 lb deadlift?

DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DrewDarden has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by superman704 View Post
    Wait a sec...you don't want dat dere 750 lb deadlift?
    No he wants to squat 95 pounds on a medicine ball (dead serious).
    1500 Total 560/370/570

Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    Going to agree with the others and say that it might be your form. Record yourself for how you do it and then post the video so people can actually see how your form is. If it really does hurt that bad, still have deadlifts in your workout but don't go so damn heavy, it still has a huge benefit to be in your regime.
    I'm just adding an extra day off for recovery, it's just DOMS, it's not so extreme, thank God. I've had it in the past where the pain was extreme and lasted many days to heal, and I needed planty of ben gay, icy hot and muscle relaxers to heal my lower back, from conventional deadlifts, sumo is better, but even sumo hurts my lower back if I go all out (to failure)

Officially Sicilian ThenMaestro's Avatar
    ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your form is probably ****.

Also, how the **** can you expect to be doing deadlifts, and expect not to experience DOMS?

Are you srs? Unless it's not DOMS and it's something else entirely.

You might also need to scale back your program, it's natural to hit a wall where further progression will only cause damage.

No he wants to squat 95 pounds on a medicine ball (dead serious).
    That whole ''medicine ball'' is such nonsense to me, srs

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    LMFAO at deadlifts.

Makes sense actually.

What’s recommended then? What are the safe replacements for deadlifts and squats?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GaloisTheory View Post
    I quit doing deadlifts some time back but even when I did, I can't say I ever had lower back DOMS. Check your form, boyo.
    LMFAO at deadlifts.

Very true, i know in our quest to get huge/ripped/strong or whatever your goal is that you think you have to do certain exercises or you will fail at your goals but sometimes it's not worth it.

Now i am not saying don't do deadlifts and stay away from any and all activity that will harm you, i am just saying that if for whatever reason your body hurts, twinges, clicks or doesn't feel right from doing a certain exercise then there are a few options for long term health.

Stop doing that exercise and substitute it with another
    Try to find out why you suck at it and try to improve your form

If you autistic and feel that you MUST do this exercise then don't go all out or do maximal effort, lower the intensity and/or weight.

Originally Posted by ThenMaestro View Post
    Your form is probably ****.

Also, how the **** can you expect to be doing deadlifts, and expect not to experience DOMS?

Are you srs? Unless it's not DOMS and it's something else entirely.

You might also need to scale back your program, it's natural to hit a wall where further progression will only cause damage.
    Well IMO my form was alright, but I went to failure, meaning I pushed myself to the limit, and like you said, how can I not expect some form of DOMS from that. Last week I pushed myself ''hard'' but my lower back didn't really get much soreness at all. This week I brought it though, I went crazy in the gym (screaming and everything)

alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000) alain is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Makes sense actually.

What’s recommended then? What are the safe replacements for deadlifts and squats?
    Reverse hypers, Glute ham raise, leg press, Romanian Deadlifts, hip thrusts, split squats

I am sure others can add more.

Originally Posted by DstryEvrytng View Post
    1100% that.

My bet.
    He has no squat in the set up, ass comes up first right into a really crappy sldl.

Been there.
    I would say my form was alright, I use a sumo version with a very narrow stance, it's a very unusual method but it works for me, I squat down and explode using my legs

Well IMO my form was alright, but I went to failure, meaning I pushed myself to the limit, and like you said, how can I not expect some form of DOMS from that. Last week I pushed myself ''hard'' but my lower back didn't really get much soreness at all. This week I brought it though, I went crazy in the gym (screaming and everything)
    That kind of soreness in your low back is not normal from deadlift. End of story.

Show us your form or keep deluding yourself.
    1500 Total 560/370/570

Officially Sicilian ThenMaestro's Avatar
    ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000) ThenMaestro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Then why this thread? Wtf

I have a good bench, a very good squat, but I've been struggling with my deadlifts for years, but I want it. I'm 42 yrs old and I'm not giving up any time soon (I want dat dere 3 times body weight deadlift)

Originally Posted by ThenMaestro View Post
    Then why this thread? Wtf
    I wanna hear what other miscers have to say about, specifically, low back pain from deadlifts, or DOMS from deadlifts...stuff like, do they take pain killers? muscle relaxers? do they take extra days off? etc

I wanna hear what other miscers have to say about, specifically, low back pain from deadlifts, or DOMS from deadlifts...stuff like, do they take pain killers? muscle relaxers? do they take extra days off? etc
    You don't need any of that.

You need good form.
    1500 Total 560/370/570

That kind of soreness in your low back is not normal from deadlift. End of story.

I have heard this before and I would say that's bs, it's like saying you push yourself in the squat, to the limit, and if your quads get ''sore'' that's not ''normal''

Well ty guys for supporting my thread, I need nap now before going to work, peace, and feel free to leave your opinions/thoughts

you are going to f*ck your back up.
    Last edited by alain; 11-05-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I have heard this before and I would say that's bs, it's like saying you push yourself in the squat, to the limit, and if your quads get ''sore'' that's not ''normal''
    LOL ok man.

You win.

Good luck with your herniated disc goals for 2019.

Or you could just learn how to do them right, still train hard, still go to failure if you insist, still get sore and all of that. Just not DOMS in the low back because you're doing them wrong.
    1500 Total 560/370/570

YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) YUL is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Makes sense actually.

Sumo
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens

LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargePeter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alain View Post
    Reverse hypers, Glute ham raise, leg press, Romanian Deadlifts, hip thrusts, split squats

I am sure others can add more.
    You forgot to add in the pink dumbells for all the movements

Fix your fukin form phaggot OP
    RAW DOG CREW
    ZHENGTERRY CREW
    ALWAYS PICK 4 CREW
    PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP CREW
    LIEUTENANTGAINS IS A PHAGGOT CREW
    CHEAT ON YOUR GIRLFRIEND, NOT YOUR DIET OR TRAINING CREW

78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hell I get more sore in my low back from squats than I do from deadlifts, but that feels like more of just an extreme lower back pump than DOMS. As you and others have said if your back is hurting that bad you're deadlifting wrong.
    Fat wannabe powerlifter
    Squat - Poverty
    Bench - Just fkn LOL
    Deadlift - Not as poverty

JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JamesA1990 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Lower back feels nothing in deadlifts

Quit trying to isolate muscles and concentrate on the movement itself

Originally Posted by alain View Post
    you are going to f*ck your back up.
    That's what you wish on me