luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Lack of Intensity and Overall Weakness

Hello all, I'm seeking some advice and guidance from this forum. I'd first like to clarify that I'm 30 going on 31 and I decided to make a post in this section as it seems more mature and I feel like I'm 40.

In my teen years up until the age of 21 I was fairly active, would spend hours in the gym playing basketball, lifting, and swimming every single day. My nutrition was whack and I wasn't serious about lifting but it was fun for me staying active and competing with the guys. I was never jacked or huge. The most I could bench was 135. During this time I remember having tons of intensity, meaning I could easily pick up weights and rip through all my sets/reps.

Fast forward 10 years to day, I've been a junk eating couch potato for a decade with minimal exercise if any... I've decided to make changes in my life as I don't want to be on meds and die early. I'm motivated, I can afford proper nutrition and I'm eating very healthy/clean.

I'm already seeing good amounts of fat loss and I feel very healthy already... However I'm a total weakling in the gym. Like a total pussy beta male. I can barely bench 55 pounds. When I bench just the 45 pound bar it's all over the place (wobbling). My left rotator cuff pops similar to snapping your knuckles. Left shoulder feels like it's going to pop out of it's joint. I can barely shoulder press 40 pounds... I can curl 40 pounds all day long but I cant do a single curl at 60 pounds... I'm sure you get the point by now.

This is killing my motivation. I can barely shoot a basketball without chucking it like a total noob. The stroke is long gone.

Is this a sign of low test or age? I'm simply confused here... Outside the gym I can pick up heavy items and move around no problem. Inside the gym I can barely move weights.

Any advice is appreciated.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Try reading this "sticky" (fixed article)

Over 35 beginners
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=168581133

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by luckyboy23 View Post

This is killing my motivation. I can barely shoot a basketball without chucking it like a total noob. The stroke is long gone.

Is this a sign of low test or age?
    Nope. you're outta shape

I'm simply confused here... Outside the gym I can pick up heavy items and move around no problem. Inside the gym I can barely move weights.
    Train outside

Be more positive, if this sh!t was easy everyone would be doing it. If you want motivation, look around here, there are folks twice your age just killing it.
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Nope. you're outta shape

Train outside

Be more positive, if this sh!t was easy everyone would be doing it. If you want motivation, look around here, there are folks twice your age just killing it.
    QFT. It's never too late to get started, you can amaze yourself with your own transformation, and once you've got it there's an easy to understand way to keep it for the rest of your life. Just because you're weak at 31 doesn't mean you can't be a beast at 62.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello all, I'm seeking some advice and guidance from this forum. I'd first like to clarify that I'm 30 going on 31 and I decided to make a post in this section as it seems more mature and I feel like I'm 40.

In my teen years up until the age of 21 I was fairly active, would spend hours in the gym playing basketball, lifting, and swimming every single day. My nutrition was whack and I wasn't serious about lifting but it was fun for me staying active and competing with the guys. I was never jacked or huge. The most I could bench was 135. During this time I remember having tons of intensity, meaning I could easily pick up weights and rip through all my sets/reps.

Fast forward 10 years to day, I've been a junk eating couch potato for a decade with minimal exercise if any... I've decided to make changes in my life as I don't want to be on meds and die early. I'm motivated, I can afford proper nutrition and I'm eating very healthy/clean.

I'm already seeing good amounts of fat loss and I feel very healthy already... However I'm a total weakling in the gym. Like a total pussy beta male. I can barely bench 55 pounds. When I bench just the 45 pound bar it's all over the place (wobbling). My left rotator cuff pops similar to snapping your knuckles. Left shoulder feels like it's going to pop out of it's joint. I can barely shoulder press 40 pounds... I can curl 40 pounds all day long but I cant do a single curl at 60 pounds... I'm sure you get the point by now.

Is this a sign of low test or age? I'm simply confused here... Outside the gym I can pick up heavy items and move around no problem. Inside the gym I can barely move weights.

Bored miscer?

Too many bb.comisms with only two posts to be legit.

So my advice would be to keep practicing the barbell insertions until it fits.

On the off chance you're not a troll, a) I'm an ass hole and b) what the other guys said.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) luckyboy23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Try reading this "sticky" (fixed article)

Over 35 beginners
    LINK
    Thank you
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Nope. you're outta shape

Train outside

Thank you, it's what I needed to hear.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    QFT. It's never too late to get started, you can amaze yourself with your own transformation, and once you've got it there's an easy to understand way to keep it for the rest of your life. Just because you're weak at 31 doesn't mean you can't be a beast at 62.
    Your avatar is motivating, along with your post. Thank you.

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Bored miscer?

Too many bb.comisms with only two posts to be legit.

So my advice would be to keep practicing the barbell insertions until it fits.

On the off chance you're not a troll, a) I'm an ass hole and b) what the other guys said.
    I've always lurked, but never posted.

Thank you for your advice, and no I'm not a troll at all. Just a realistic guy. I can tell you're not an A-Hole either.

I guess it's just baby steps and literally hitting the gym everyday. I never get too sore either and I can handle going 5-6 days a week. I know I'm not going hard so my body isn't being strained. I just wish I had some intensity/bark in my workouts instead of feeling like I'm going to injure myself with these relatively light weights.

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If the barbell is too heavy, try dumbells. For some they are easier on the shoulders. You can also do body weight stuff like push ups to work up to loaded reps like Bench. Stick with it and be patient. I think consistency is one of the most underrated aspects of training for many people. I had to pretty much re-set things after my back surgery and remind myself to leave the ego at home.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never lifted a weight in my life until I was 42. I kind of started out the same, with a wobbly bench press bar and not being able to lift a whole lot. A lot of it is just repetition and training your stabilizer muscles and "learning" how to lift, the mind/muscle connection is an absolute real thing. Once I learned how to completely focus on the task my lifts just started taking off.

Now 3 years later people all the time now comment on my muscles (even though I dont "feel" muscular in the slightest bit), nor had I ever looked muscular at any point in my life prior to now.

Consistency, effort, diet, good programming, and time. That is ALL that it takes.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Consistency, effort, diet, good programming, and time. That is ALL that it takes.
    Ain’t that the truth? It’s a game of stubbornness (some would say determination), not motivation!
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you for your advice, and no I'm not a troll at all. Just a realistic guy.

I can tell you're not an A-Hole either.

He still thinks I'm a troll

You're wrong, he IS!

If you're not doing what you think you need to in the gym, then forget about everything you've ever been told or read about, turn the phucking wheel, bust through the phucking gym door, sign you're name and just hit the squat rack and do full squats 20-30rep set, hit a dead-lift and get the phuck out.

Repeat the above when you're recovered.

......it's really that easy.
    Last edited by LWW; 11-06-2019 at 08:37 PM.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    He still thinks I'm a troll

You're wrong, he IS!

If you're not doing what you think you need to in the gym, then forget about everything you've ever been told or read about, turn the phucking wheel, bust through the phucking gym door, sign you're name and just hit the squat rack and do full squats 20-30rep set, hit a dead-lift and get the phuck out.

Repeat the above when you're recovered.

......it's really that easy.
    Don't think you troll at all. Just disagree with some of what you think. Much I agree with tho I'd say it differently.

That said, doubt op is doing 20 rep sets in the immediate future, and that could be dangerous without the requisite skill.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Don't think you troll at all. Just disagree with some of what you think. Much I agree with tho I'd say it differently.

That said, doubt op is doing 20 rep sets in the immediate future, and that could be dangerous without the requisite skill.

Ok, cool, my apologies.

Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Ok, cool, my apologies.
    Never apologize to an *******