Registered User homestuckinhell's Avatar
    homestuckinhell is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to become thinner and leaner without drastic weight loss?

19 y/o female and 5”6. 128 lbs which is normal but I have a really high body fat a really low muscle mass . I have always been skinny fat but over the past two months I gained 15 pounds due to overeating during travel which just made me look and feel worse. I don’t even care about the number on the scale, I just hate how much more squishy and potato-like I look now, especially in the face and midsection.

I guess I don’t really want to lose that much pure weight, it’s more like body recomposition.

I don’t want to lose more than 10 pounds because I’d probably be underweight at that point, but I want to get lean, lose the squish, and overall just look smaller and thinner.

I’ve heard that losing fat and building muscle are the best way to achieve this. Anyone have any diet/exercise tips on how exactly to do that? Especially workout suggestions? Any programs/videos you’d recommend (college gal ballin on a budget here)?

willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500) willybrokeback is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Is there a gym at your school? Weight training is your best option. Pick a good progression program and stick with it. Focus on compound movements and getting stronger, make sure your diet is in order.
    ".......have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes Sir, the check is in the mail."

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since you're already underweight, you may be able to achieve the look you desire by focusing more so on building muscle vs. losing fat. Usually people mistake the squish fat for just lack on supporting muscle mass.

I would eat at maintenance or very slight surplus and follow a well-organized proven resistance training routine.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Since you're already underweight,
    She's not underweight.

Only way to lose fat and not lose too much weight is by gaining muscle mass.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lift weights, eat protein, problem solved.

Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Nicksosure1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    She's not underweight.

Only way to lose fat and not lose too much weight is by gaining muscle mass.
    Which is why I said to focus on that specifically.

Should've said not looking to gain instead of underweight. Two very different things. My mistake.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by homestuckinhell View Post
    19 y/o female and 5”6. 128 lbs which is normal but I have a really high body fat a really low muscle mass . I have always been skinny fat but over the past two months I gained 15 pounds due to overeating during travel which just made me look and feel worse. I don’t even care about the number on the scale, I just hate how much more squishy and potato-like I look now, especially in the face and midsection.

I guess I don’t really want to lose that much pure weight, it’s more like body recomposition.

I don’t want to lose more than 10 pounds because I’d probably be underweight at that point, but I want to get lean, lose the squish, and overall just look smaller and thinner.

I’ve heard that losing fat and building muscle are the best way to achieve this. Anyone have any diet/exercise tips on how exactly to do that? Especially workout suggestions? Any programs/videos you’d recommend (college gal ballin on a budget here)?
    You need to post a pic of yourself. Without it no advice will be remotely accurate.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're in college, check out your college's gym. Get on a good lifting program--Fierce 5 from the Workout Programs section is free, Bret Contreras posts his workouts from Strong Curves online for free--and eat sensibly (no need to cut calories, definitely do get sufficient protein as most young women are lacking in that area) and you'll see good physique improvements.