LESNAR2003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is it bad to lay my upper arms on my lat while doing dumbbell bicep curl ?

Hello

My biggest problem with dumbbell bicep curl was that my elbows always moved forward during the concentric phase (I guess that's why only my forearms felt sore after my bicep curls). But yearstday, I tried to lock my elbow in place. And to do that, I laid my upper arm on my body (what I mean is that my upper arm was laid against my lat). And that worked. After i did that, my elbow didn't move forward anymore, they were locked in place during the entire exercise. But is that a good thing? Doesn't that mean that I am applying pressure on the lat in order to lift the dumbell ?

If that's not a good thing , is there any other way to avoid moving my elbows forward during the lifting process (apart from putting my back against a wall?)

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    If by laying your upper arms against your lat you just mean your consciously keeping your elbow in place w/out moving it forward that's fine. You could also try leaning w/ both your arms and back against a wall, bending your legs a little to keep you in place.